+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The gossip shows are saying they were engaged, about to move into together, etc. I assume she thought he'd stayed clean...so even if he hadn't died they would have been having some tough times.... I wonder if this was a last binge for him...kind of a "bachelor's party" for saying farewell to drugs, since he'd have to stay clean he'd think, if she was always there....
    Really sad---he seemed like a nice guy, both on the show and apparently in real life, despite having had a really tough life---16 schools! And he didn't even finish high school.
    Well, this unfortunately happens to many addicts. After a period of abstinence their tolerance level goes down a bit. They try to use close to the same amount before they got clean and their body cannot tolerate that, so they OD. Heroin and alcohol are central nervous system depressants, which can slow the heart rate down to dangerous levels, then you are high so you don't even know that you are in trouble. Sad.

I don't watch the show but I am curious how they will handle this. Shooting was to begin next week.

Sorry to hear about your losses, causingchaos. It is true that many people will avoid talking about death so as to not upset the person who is grieving. What the grieving person needs many times is to be able to TALK about it. Now that I know better, I hope I can do better in the future.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Well, this unfortunately happens to many addicts. After a period of abstinence their tolerance level goes down a bit. They try to use close to the same amount before they got clean and their body cannot tolerate that, so they OD. Heroin and alcohol are central nervous system depressants, which can slow the heart rate down to dangerous levels, then you are high so you don't even know that you are in trouble. Sad.
    I read a report somewhere that this is most likely the case, he took a dosage that he had worked up to pre rehab, and his body just couldnt handle it.

I have also seen reports that Lea was (for lack of a better word) controlling his life in LA, not in a bad way. She made sure he was on the straight and narrow and made sure he had the support he needed when it seemed it was getting to hard for her to handle (hence the rehab).

Im not sure how they should handle it. I dont want them to go overboard, but I dont want them to ignore it either. Im sure what ever they decide there will be some fans not happy with it anyway.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    You never know, Lea may want to address this on the show in some way too. She may not want people to shy away from or she may want closure by working out her feelings through her character. No one really knows how she will grieve and what she'll need.

I know when I grieved some very tragic and violent early deaths of friends everyone tip toeing around it and not talking about trying to be sensitive to me bothered me a lot more than the couple people who came right out and talked about it. I always felt like I couldn't say anything to those people tip toeing around it because I felt like they were more bothered to talk about it than me.
    Unfortunately for Lea she's going to have to make a fast decision on this...they will have to write it into the script in some way and shoot it for early in the season. I'm sure they will want to be sensitive to what she wants (practically it will be hard to get her to perform in something she doesn't want to do anyway), but they also have a show to run.
    I like the idea of the two of them going off to London. I don't think Lea "needs" Glee for her career anymore, she's well launched, and while the guarenteed income would be nice hopefully she's got enough stashed away to tide her over until she's ready to work again. Finn could be teaching in some overseas school. I went to the American School in London as a teen, and my algebra teacher had his BA in English---if we read ahead in the algebra book we could stump him (he was a nice guy so we only did that once ). I"m sure they are more professional now, but just saying, there are opportunities. Or they could go to another country and he could teach ESL.

I hope Leah can get proper information and support so she understands that you cannot control an addict's behavior. From what I have read, it seems she tried to make sure he walked the straight and narrow while in the US.

It's understandable that she would want to leave Glee, but I would hate that since she's the best thing on there, IMO.
    Last edited by Debb70; 07-18-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    causingchaos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    You never know, Lea may want to address this on the show in some way too. She may not want people to shy away from or she may want closure by working out her feelings through her character. No one really knows how she will grieve and what she'll need.

I know when I grieved some very tragic and violent early deaths of friends everyone tip toeing around it and not talking about trying to be sensitive to me bothered me a lot more than the couple people who came right out and talked about it. I always felt like I couldn't say anything to those people tip toeing around it because I felt like they were more bothered to talk about it than me.
    I doubt Lea has any say in storyline. If Ryan Murphy chooses to address it, he will. Lea's a professional. I'd be shocked if she didn't continue on with the show and do whatever is asked of her. Of course they will be sensitive to her feelings, probably even more so because they all lost Cory too.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This article from The Hollywood Reporter has more details on the approach they plan to take. It sounds like they have talked through with Lea all of the options that people mentioned here.

Cory Monteith Death: 'Glee' Co-Creator Ryan Murphy on Tragedy, Tribute
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Saw this was just posted on the TVLine Facebook page:

Glee Likely to End After Season 6, Unless… - TVLine
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Loved the new episode. Was the Funny Girl producer, Dr. Cullen?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

With Ryan's propensity for excess, it is NOT surprising that M's beautiful "YESTERDAY" was not enough of a tribute to Cory. With a couple of flashback pictures , that would have been enough. It was moving, appropriate and beautifully done. Instead, GLEE will kill him all over again.

Also the story lines were ridiculous----we've already seen the Sue manipulating to become principal line. The engagement line was silly when it was first brought up as the two are just too young so making a production number out of it was just childish.
    Ellen and AmyKay like this.

+ Reply to Thread