+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I just saw the news about Cory. How sad I wonder how they are going to deal with this on the show. I will miss him, and Finn. *sigh*
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Hopefully there will be a tribute to Corey when the new season starts but as far as the character goes, he was away with no explanation while he went to rehab.

He and Shue did make up and we expected him back in the classroom but that was prior to the unexpected rehab......he didn't return and nothing was said so they would just keep on as they did.

I certainly hope that they don't do something unpleasant like announce that the character was killed on the way to school and we have a whole show of high school tears.

It must be difficult for Lea.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I am so shocked and saddened by the news of Cory. I thought he did a great job as Finn and seemed like a really nice guy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He will surely be missed
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Hopefully there will be a tribute to Corey when the new season starts but as far as the character goes, he was away with no explanation while he went to rehab.

He and Shue did make up and we expected him back in the classroom but that was prior to the unexpected rehab......he didn't return and nothing was said so they would just keep on as they did.

I certainly hope that they don't do something unpleasant like announce that the character was killed on the way to school and we have a whole show of high school tears.

It must be difficult for Lea.
    I would hope they wouldn't make Lea Michele relive (through portraying Rachel) what happened to her in real life.
    Miss_Griss and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I would hope they wouldn't make Lea Michele relive (through portraying Rachel) what happened to her in real life.
    It would be nice if they could just start out with a quick tribute to Cory and then pick up the story after Finn is already dead and people are at a point where they are picking up the pieces.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I can't even begin to imagine Lea going back to Glee at this point. She has such a huge history with Cory there. Fell in love with him there. Shared a huge part of her life with him there. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't come back.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The gossip shows are saying they were engaged, about to move into together, etc. I assume she thought he'd stayed clean...so even if he hadn't died they would have been having some tough times.... I wonder if this was a last binge for him...kind of a "bachelor's party" for saying farewell to drugs, since he'd have to stay clean he'd think, if she was always there....
    Really sad---he seemed like a nice guy, both on the show and apparently in real life, despite having had a really tough life---16 schools! And he didn't even finish high school.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine Lea going back to Glee at this point. She has such a huge history with Cory there. Fell in love with him there. Shared a huge part of her life with him there. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't come back.
    So tragic, he was way too young I may be in the minority, but I really liked both Rachel and Finn. But part of me hopes she doesn't come back too. I agree, I think it would be unimaginably difficult for her. I'd almost like it better if they just said something like Rachel got some amazing role as a result of her earlier audition - but on the London stage. And she and Finn both left for Europe to start their lives together. It would be nice if at least the characters got their happy ending
    inthegarden and wannasee like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm still in disbelief about the new of Cory's passing.

And now that I see the Glee thread, I'm wondering how in the world will this be handled. I think writing them both out would be the best way to handle this. Cause that way they can have a happily ever after. I can't imagine them replacing Finn with a different actor, but I also can't imagine the show without Lea. I just hope the show handles it well.

You never know, Lea may want to address this on the show in some way too. She may not want people to shy away from or she may want closure by working out her feelings through her character. No one really knows how she will grieve and what she'll need.

I know when I grieved some very tragic and violent early deaths of friends everyone tip toeing around it and not talking about trying to be sensitive to me bothered me a lot more than the couple people who came right out and talked about it. I always felt like I couldn't say anything to those people tip toeing around it because I felt like they were more bothered to talk about it than me.

+ Reply to Thread