+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

Click to see Spoiler:
    Looks like the marley, kitty, unique, jake and ryder chracters all will stay next year and will be considered regulars. Apparently the other GLEE PROJECT winner joe will either be gone on continue as he did this year ---in a tiny role
    Last edited by Critical; 07-01-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Fort Member

I like Unique and Kitty I liked Jake at the beginning but something happened to him about half way through and now he does not appeal as much
    Marley and Ryder are just boring they are not Rachel and Finn as they are just too goody goody personality wise
    Joe has vanished which is sad as I think they could have done something interesting with his character but they just left him
    I miss the Irish guy I know he also had not much to do but he was cute and I miss him

Click to see Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Looks like the mercedes, Puck, mike, heather and quinn characters have all been dropped as "regulars"...not that they were. They may appear as guest stars ( like they did this season).

Hopefully this mean more concentration in NYC with those who have been retained as "regulars".
    I guess this is what bothers me - the premise was them being in a school glee club, but because of Lea Michele and others complaining being "forced out" (at least the gossip columns said that - I know not trustworthy) they added the NYC curve.

Honestly when I do watch - which isn't too often, I watch because of Jane Lynch (when she's there). She's one of the few there who I do feel a genuine range of emotions for the character.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-01-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

I think the glee club side of things has really suffered by the show being split between New York and Ohio. It would have been much better to have made the New York show a spinoff with the characters occasionally visiting each other like in Gray's Anatomy and The Practice rather than doing it the way they did. That way, they could have made the new glee club characters more robust and interesting. As it is, I think the Ohio piece got short-changed, and that's why we don't care about those characters. They also haven't done as much with New York as they could have.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Please remember that news about which cast members are staying and which ones are going is considered a spoiler. Please use spoiler tags.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Adam Lambert is supposed to be joining the cast this season---not clear in what capacity but anything is good.

Confused as to why cast deletions/additions require a spoiler since the information has been announced nationally.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 07-11-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    AmyKay likes this.

I'm so sad to hear about Cory Monteith's death! In addition to the personal tragedy, I wonder how it will affect the show.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Adam Lambert is supposed to be joining the cast this season---not clear in what capacity but anything is good.

Confused as to why cast deletions/additions require a spoiler since the information has been announced nationally.
    On this site, we consider it a spoiler if it has not aired ON THE SHOW. That's always been our rule. If a cast member is leaving, that means the character is leaving and that's a spoiler. We don't care if it's been "announced nationally" and that's why we require spoiler tags.

ETA: Obviously, when a cast member dies, that is going to be an exception to the spoiler rule.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-14-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just heard about Cory. So sad. He was way too young, Lea must be devastated. He had just gotten out of rehab not to long ago.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I just heard about Cory. So sad. He was way too young, Lea must be devastated. He had just gotten out of rehab not to long ago.
    So sad! On a happier note, the 2 that play Ryder and Marley just got engaged.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread