+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I wish they hadn't cut the Waffle-Toots' performance of "Rainbow Connection" short; the interpretation and harmonies were beautiful.

OTOH, loved seeing Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

So, all that fuss about Jessica Sanchez coming to the show and THAT'S what we got? It was horrible. Obviously, the songs are all lip-synced on this show, but her opening number was SO bad.

Loved seeing Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter.

How many of us guessed weeks ago that it was Unique catfishing Ryder? I was sort of hoping Marley was the one doing it and because she really wanted to be with Ryder. That pairing makes much more sense to me than Marley with Jake.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The finale was indeed flat!

My biggest upset is that they promised Tina would have a big role this season, but they did nothing but destroy her character. They made her creepy/annoying for going after Blaine and then turned her into a hag. I don't even think she sang anything. They ruined her character completely, but I guess I should be happy they didn't take it a step further and made her the catfish too!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    The finale was indeed flat!

My biggest upset is that they promised Tina would have a big role this season, but they did nothing but destroy her character. They made her creepy/annoying for going after Blaine and then turned her into a hag. I don't even think she sang anything. They ruined her character completely, but I guess I should be happy they didn't take it a step further and made her the catfish too!
    I remember reading that about Tina and that she would have an 'unbeliveable solo' this season. She did have a solo number at the beginning of the season- it was outside on the bleachers and she was acting the diva, but I can't remember the song. Maybe that's what they were talking about??? Other than that she has been a background character that hangs on Blaine. Sad.

Well, I enjoyed Lea Michelle's performance.

FORT Fogey

Lea was great and the Yale whiffenpoofs as the Waffle-Toots ( see the similarity in the name)were great. After that it went downhill fast.

Jessica Sanchez was boring---lots of walking around. As much as she was pimped on AI, she just never showed me any charisma and the same was true on GLEE.
    What is the stupidity of the whole Brit story including the line "I got early admissions to MIT so I have to leave right away."

The two boys in the cst fish story line handled it well. Alex was heartbreaking in just wanting closeness with somebody.

The marriage of Emma and Shue was cringeworthy.

Unique - yuck! I had a feeling it would be him although I was really hoping it wouldn't be. Why on earth would he catfish a guy that he knows is NOT gay? There is no way that Ryder would have shunned a friendship with him, but to pretend to be a girl and suck him up into feeling a love connection with him is just wrong. Ryder handled it well though. I really wish they'd get rid of Unique. Hated his attitude on the Glee Project and I can't shake that feeling for him in Glee either. On the other hand, it was nice to see Sam back for Regionals.

The wedding - bleh.

It wasn't much of a finale. Was that really the finale? LOL
    AmyKay, Katydyd, Cornholio and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I thought the catfish storyline was wrong too. What an uncomfortable position for Ryder to be put in. Especially with all the other challenges he has faced this season, his childhood babysitter molestation confession, losing Marley to Jake, his Dyslexia diagnosis. He sure didn't need that added to the mix.
    I didn't like Unique on The Glee Project and even less on Glee. For some reason his character irritates me. Acknowledge who you are and move on.
    I can't understand why they don't develop Joe Hart's storyline. Samuel Larsen has a great voice and he keeps being stuck as a backup singer and given stupid one line responses.
    Britney at MIT?
    Emma and Will's marriage...
    Pitiful season finale.

I did like Rachel's song

Yeah, the catfish reveal while expected was disappointing. I was hoping it would be somebody - anybody! - but Unique. That was just awkward and sad - for both of them. Although, that was actually the only time I've felt anything other than dislike for Unique. I agree with you guys. I wish I could like the Unique character, I think s/he's an important one to have on the show. Unfortunately, I can't stand the actor (Alex) either. I'm with you mesachick, I just can't get past his attitude and behavior on The Glee Project. And quite frankly, it's difficult to do so. Because the character of Unique is so similar to the actual actor, all I see is Alex.
    mesachick and Cornholio like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Click to see Spoiler:
    Looks like the mercedes, Puck, mike, heather and quinn characters have all been dropped as "regulars"...not that they were. They may appear as guest stars ( like they did this season).

Hopefully this mean more concentration in NYC with those who have been retained as "regulars".
    Last edited by Critical; 07-01-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

+ Reply to Thread