+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

My college worked on a quarter system, which I loved.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Some colleges have semestes and some have quarters. No rhyme or reason that I can see....when I was young Harvard had semesters and Stanford had quarters, and the state U. where I worked had semesters, so there's not a public/private divide.

One of the colleges near me is on semesters, but the current semester ends this week. I think it harks back to when this was a more agricultural area and they wanted kids to be out of school in time for spring planting or something.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Until last year or so Harvard's fall semester used to start at the end of Sept. I think for the same reason (agriculture, important even for a "city" school in the olden days). But we wander from Glee.... I hardly ever get to watch it these days, so count on you all to keep me up to date.

FORT Fanatic

As big a GLee fan as I am, I still have to admit tonight's episode sucked. It had Hoover written all over it. The high school story line was too deep and the NY story line was just plain gratuitous. Not even SJP could save it.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    As big a GLee fan as I am, I still have to admit tonight's episode sucked. It had Hoover written all over it. The high school story line was too deep and the NY story line was just plain gratuitous. Not even SJP could save it.
    But, they did do "At the Ballet" from my very favorite Broadway show. "A Chorus Line" can pretty much save anything IMO I didn't think it was all that bad......I liked seeing the softer side of Santana. And I'm actually still enjoying the catfishing storyline
    Critical likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Hate to say it...but more episodes have sucked than not this season. Used to I couldn't wait for it to come on, but now I just set the dvr and watch it when there's absolutely nothing else on TV.

FORT Fogey

I really liked this episode as far as the music. Not much happened story line wise but Sue singing her ANNIE song was great and I can just see her in that role; At the Ballet was fabulous and Santana outsung Rachel!!

At the Ballet was awesome! The rest of the show was pretty forgetful, except for the catfishing storyline. They sure are trying to make it look like it's Kitty, which means it's probably not lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fanatic

Did anyone notice Jessica the runner up on AI last season? She was the best singer on the rival glee club. FOX did everything they could to make sure she won AI, using the save on her and talking her up so much, etc. It's like they were trying to force her on the public. So glad she didn't win. Looks like they finally found a spot for her. Wonder if her appearance was FOX's idea or Ryan Murphy's? She doesn't seem to fit his profile of the type of young performers he usually casts. I hope she doesn't become a regular...that may push me over the edge.

+ Reply to Thread