+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They said that any student found with a gun would have been expelled full-stop. I don't see how they could have made an exception for Becky without an uproar. That's why Sue kept silent.
    Then she should be expelled. Plus its a non-reality show, the writers can give Becky whatever punishment they want.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

But the bond that Sue has with Becky and protective feelings she has about her would compel Sue to shield her. It's probably something she wouldn't have even thought about before she did it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I get that but, it doesn't make it right, nor does it send a very positive message when it comes to the very real school shootings that have been under the media spotlight lately.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I think they could very well have Becky confess and be forgiven and allowed to return to school. Remember, this is the show that had a teacher, Sue, ranting and storming through the halls, smashing things, pushing students, knocking books out of students hands, etc., and she wasn't fired for that. So, how much more unrealistic can they get?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Interesting to note that there has been no notice from Fox if the show has been renewed nor have contracts been given out.

People pretty much feel that the Lima setting is boring since the initial stars have moved on. With the current seniors leaving--Brit, Artie, Blaine etc, there isn't much interesting remaining in the school setting.

Are we looking at a "new" Glee for next season?

In our area, there is a zero tolerance for guns on school property. There are no exceptions. Most people have a story or explanation. I think that zero tolerance is right, though it's tough. I wish that the show would discover the truth and deal with it accordingly on the show.

FORT Fogey

I did see that Jane Lynch is taking over the Miss H. role in ANNIE on Broadway sometime in May.

Along other lines...... Jessica Sanchez from AI was supposed to be a part of GLEE this season. Not too much time or opportunities left to introduce her so I wonder if she turns out to be the Katie character. Not that I have any idea how and why that would be.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-15-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Hmmmm......good theory. I'll be interested to see how she does on the show. She was never my cup of tea on AI, but I do wonder how she has progressed and how she might do in a different environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I did see that Jane Lynch is taking over the Miss H. role in ANNIE on Broadway sometime in May.

Along other lines...... Jessica Sanchez from AI was supposed to be a part of GLEE this season. Not too much time or opportunities left to introduce her so I wonder if she turns out to be the Katie character. Not that I have any idea how and why that would be.
    I would think filming for the season would be over in May since that's usually when the shows all go on hiatus for the summer. I can't see that affecting her presence on the show.

I think Jessica will turn up at the competition or right before.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Finally got a chance to watch last week's episode. I think it was handled okay. You never know how you are going to react to a situation until you are in it. It is human nature that you want to protect the ones you love, hence the kids wanting to try to get out to get to Britney. Mr Shue leaving the room before it was cleared was not smart at all. I can see why Sue wanted to protect Becky. She has a soft spot for her and wants what is best for her. She didn't want to see her get in trouble or expelled.
    Katydyd likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread