+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: Glee

I really did not like episode at all. IMHO, it felt like the writers had run out of ideas so were taking ideas from the news and making the characters of the show fit into the new stories.

I have been really questioning why I watch this show anymore, I certainly do not enjoy it like I did the first season. I think I keep watching because of the few characters I do like, and I want to see what happens to them. Santana, Brittany, Kurt, Coach Beiste, Sue, Mercedes, and Puck, and we rarely see these characters anymore, except Brittany and Sue, and I am not happy with how their story lines are going, so I doubt I will keep watching much longer.

FORT Fogey

Did you pick up when Shue was setting the coach up for on-line dating, the first guy who responded was from OR? Shue stressed it so I was wondering if they were planning to move her out of the show by having her go to OR.

the guy was the former fiancee to Emma/football coach Tanaka, I dont think they will be getting together. But after last night I guess anything is possible. I noticed NeNe is coming back and taking over the cheerios. Wonder how long that will last too.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Thanks. I didn't pick up on who the on-line guy was. There had to be some reason why they brought him into the mix, so who knows what they are going to cram into the next 4-5 episodes

The story lines in this show have become so disconnected its getting harder to watch. The whole gun story is stupid. Becky bringing a gun to school because she feels insecure about her future once she leaves high school? Yeah right. Her dad has a loaded gun where his Down's Syndrome daughter can get to it? Come on. The New York stories are much more interesting. Glad to see we will be back in NY next week.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I jump in on this show every once and awhile, but was shocked to see the school shooting episode last night.

I've always been amused by Sue, but her lying about the gun incident made me so angry. OMG. What teacher lies about a gun at school. It boggles the mind. Such a silly thing to do, IMO. An adult does the right thing in such a serious situation.

If I were trapped in the room like they were and some idiot started talking loud and moving around, I'm not sure what I would do. Are people stupid enough to do that? I think I would have knocked their teeth out if they tried it.

I am intrested in who is catfishing. It's a guy right?
    Ellen likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    The story lines in this show have become so disconnected its getting harder to watch. The whole gun story is stupid. Becky bringing a gun to school because she feels insecure about her future once she leaves high school? Yeah right. Her dad has a loaded gun where his Down's Syndrome daughter can get to it? Come on. The New York stories are much more interesting. Glad to see we will be back in NY next week.
    Since two 4 year olds have managed to shoot and kill people this week I don't find it impossible that Becky's parents are any more careful with their guns....

Becky is the only student Sue would have protected at the cost of her career...they have a special bond over the years because of Sue's dead sister.

I get Sue wanting to protect Becky, but her approach is horrible and misplaced. You don't help a student like that, IMO. It indicates such poor judgment on Sue's part, that I don't feel sympathy for her. When they discover the truth, she faces providing false information to police and obstruction of justice.

When I was a classroom teacher in a public middle school in Milwaukee more than 20 years ago, I was in a lockdown situation because of a 12-year-old running the halls with a loaded gun. To me, given my experience, this episode was completely unrealistic and bordering on stupid. It was obviously written and directed by people who've never been in this sort of situation, nor did they do enough research.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oh Ellen. Your experience sounds chilling. I can't even imagine, but I share your dislike for how Glee handled it. I'm glad you are okay. I'm sure you never get over something so frightening.

The girls in the rest room were so quiet that they didn't even know others were in the stall next door. That's what I think would happen. Not the yelling and arguing about phones, opening doors, etc.

+ Reply to Thread