+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

It's not surprising that Kate Hudson can dance - her mother started out as a dancer too. I still don't like the character. She's like Sue Sylvester Light, without the humor. I guess I don't like characters in a position of power who lord it over their inferiors. She's a crappy teacher and just comes off as bitter and jealous. To be honest, I don't like Sue most of the time, even though I love Jane Lynch.

I assume Shue came home for Thanksgiving, which is why he was at the competition

After the performance Rachel gave at the showcase, I totally bought that she won. I don't think her talent was ever in question. She had to audition a second time because she got so nervous and choked the first time.

JJ - I think you're right that it's likely that ND will get an automatic pass to Nationals, or at least Regionals, because of their win last year
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wish I could care.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

CCL

Ok, I love Rachel, but even I think the NYADA audience was over-the-top rapturous in the cut-to scenes. It was creeping me out.
    I thought Kurt said he was going to sing Staying Alive so I was expecting the BeeGees song and was all confused.

Crowded House to end the show ? . I love how Finn puts on a tie and tries to look all adult when he is leading the Glee Club.
    wannasee likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Thanks..that is exactly what I meant. I remember Rachel freezing up and W walking out on her. So it was her second attempt to get W's approval that worked.

I don't think there was any doubt that Cassie...professional dancer / instructor ....would win that dance-off. Rachel acknowledged that when she admitted that it would be only her voice that would help her win the school competition.

Shue came home for the holiday..**yawn**. I guess he is working on an album, but that is one strange story line.....and an even stranger real life one for MM.
    Stranger how?

FORT Fogey

You don't think that MM's connection with GLEE isn't strange this year? Talk that he is leaving the show is denied all summer. He does the talk shows in the Fall and still denies that he is leaving. There is talk that he signed with a label and is working on his album....but nothing still has been said for sure where he is or why he left. Strange!

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    You don't think that MM's connection with GLEE isn't strange this year? Talk that he is leaving the show is denied all summer. He does the talk shows in the Fall and still denies that he is leaving. There is talk that he signed with a label and is working on his album....but nothing still has been said for sure where he is or why he left. Strange!
    Are you talking about his storyline on the show? If so, they did say where he is and why he left. In the first couple of shows of the season, they talked about him applying for and getting a spot on a "blue-ribbon" commission on the arts in school that's in Washington, D.C. or somewhere, so he had to go away for six months (or something like that).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

No. Not Mr Shue. Of course that story line was explained...I am talking about why that story line was put in place for Matthew Morrison so that he is in and out of the show in real life.

I thought it was explained that he's working on his CD. Maybe he just wanted a break or maybe his absence is just storyline dictated. I don't think there's anything strange about it
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I hope they are going somewhere with the Kurt's father's health issue----again. Looks like Puck is returning to the show.....I do like his brother much better now that they dropped the chip from his shoulder. Otherwise it was a decent episode....humanizing Sue, Kurt's continuing pain at Blaine's betrayal. Liked the what-would-have been episode featuring Artie.

I was disappointed. The Grinch episode with Sue two years ago and last years black and white tv show theme were really good. This one didn't measure up.
    Uncle David likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread