+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

CCL

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I must be in the minority because I HATED the Thanksgiving song in Kurt and Rachel's apartment. I had to mute it. Totally cringe-worthy.
    I was seriously going "what the?" for that entire segment. Mind, I was already peeved at SJP for saying she liked Les Miserables because she was obsessed with the French Revolution (not the same time period!) earlier in the episode.

I hate this Kitty girl. I guess she is a pure villain - she doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities.

I like Ryder but I find his hairstyle annoyingly bad. I didn't know he was the reality show winner before reading the comments here.

I am with the others in not getting how Marley thought she was gaining weight - does she not have a scale? It seemed to me at least that her freak-out at sectionals was more due to not eating (probably dehydrated as well) and sleeping than to any inherent self-pressure as she never voiced those concerns before.

I was happier seeing Puck again than I thought I would be. And Mike. I like Finn in his new role (the less Mr Shue the better for me). I've never really cared about Mercedes. Santana needs to move to NY and be with Kurt and Rachel. What's up with Quinn and her 35-year old professor though? Um...girl, no. Now they're going to have to have her back on just so I know what's going on.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Glad you explained so I guess we all agree that Tina got screwed on her lead vocal. Not too much of a challenge considering how good her voice is and how rarely she gets a lead.
    Maybe they felt they "had" to deal with that song to seem au courant, given how popular it is, not only in the original version, but in the many youtube take offs on it, much less Madonna et al. So...they gave it to Tina. All I can say is, if I were Tina (or the actress who plays her), thanks a lot...after all this waiting, that's what I get? Not that it is a terrible song, kind of fun, but not exactly what a singer who's been waiting for years for a good solo as it were, wants.

I loved the Kiki/Turkey Lurkey mash-up -- I thought it was brilliant.

I liked the episode, and enjoyed seeing the old guard again, but this was one of those episodes where I needed to turn off my brain and not question why certain characters acted one way one minute, and completely different another; also to ignore some of the sillier plot developments.

I hope the blond terror has to face some real consequences for brainwashing Marley into an eating disorder. Some issues shouldn't be used by the show if they aren't going to eventually ground them in the real world.
    Duxxy and JavaJo like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I forgot about Quinn and the inappropriate boyfriend....what a stupid storyline that is. Unless they are going somewhere with it...and I hope not, there was just no need for that to be part of the storyline.

The fight between Santana and Quinn was so quickly vivious that it reminds us how close-to-the-surface old emotions are and how difficult
    it is to forget old animosity.

Wow, such an uneven episode. A lot of the stuff at McKinley was completely "meh" for me and the scenes in NYC were fabulous. Kurt and Rachel singing at the NYADA Winter Showcase = amazing. I know a lot of people here don't like Rachel, but I love her and I still think Lea Michelle's got the best voice on the show.

While my favorite version of "Being Alive" will always be Patty Lupone (at a Sondheim tribute concert a number of years ago), I thought Chris Colfer did a pretty great job with it too.

I thought every song choice in this episode was terrific. I feel like digging up my Crowded House LPs after that closing number!

There's got to be some loophole that will allow the kids to continue on to Regionals. I can't believe they would just NOT compete for the rest of the season.
    AmyKay, inthegarden and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Agree that the NY scenes were terrific. I read an interview with Zach who said how much he enjoys working with Kate as she can do everything. I inquired back when she was first introduced on the show if she really was a dancer....well, we can see now that she is quite good and apparently well trained.

Really liked the Winter Showcase. I think having R. win it was a bit over the top. Don't forget they wrote the script with R. not getting into the school on first try....then three months later, she proves the professor wrong by being the greatest student in a zillion years.

That being said, I thought Chris' song was so much more moving than either of R.'s two. WG had told him that they were looking for passion, emotion and vulnerbiity and he did that. There was a tear on his cheek when he finished and I think it was real.....

The OH scenes were OK. I am getting annoyed that Sue is back into being the cartoon. There was no reason for her political office----dead end on that story, or having the baby and now returning to her evil ways and hatred of the GC. The songs were all great though.
    AmyKay likes this.

There's got to be some loophole that will allow the kids to continue on to Regionals. I can't believe they would just NOT compete for the rest of the season.
    My husband thinks the loophole will have something to do with them winning nationals last year. He said they are the defending champions and will be permitted to defend their title. Makes sense, because in the past, they've introduced the top group as the defending champions on the show.

I'm loving the NYC scenes. All of them. The Ohio ones, not nearly as much.
    WrigleyDogA2 and mesachick like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Really liked the Winter Showcase. I think having R. win it was a bit over the top. Don't forget they wrote the script with R. not getting into the school on first try....then three months later, she proves the professor wrong by being the greatest student in a zillion years.
    I haven't watched it yet - but I can believe this. When I wasn't accepted into my grad school program until very late, I felt like I had to prove I belonged there and worked my butt off to show everyone that I not only belonged there but that admitting me after their top choices had declined was the right move. Needless to say I graduated with one of the highest GPA's and a full-time, very good and hard to get job lined up.

Also, Rachael got in the NYADA on her first attempt. She was never declined entrance.

I think the poster meant that Rachel had to try-out twice because she messed up her first audition so she hounded "Whoopi" until she got a second audition.

I am enjoying the NYC scenes, although I think Cassie totally kicked Rachel's butt in the Chicago number. Cassie played it well- sexy, sultry, slinky- and Rachel just couldn't get there. To me she is still that sailor-collared, knee-sock, mary-jane wearing girl of last season- just with some highlights and too much make-up. She has an incredible voice and had the edge over Cassie in that department- but I think Cassie beat her with the dancing and the character of the routine.

The Ohio stuff is a yawn for me too....and why is Mr. Shue still there? Isn't he on sabattical?
    Ellen likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks..that is exactly what I meant. I remember Rachel freezing up and W walking out on her. So it was her second attempt to get W's approval that worked.

I don't think there was any doubt that Cassie...professional dancer / instructor ....would win that dance-off. Rachel acknowledged that when she admitted that it would be only her voice that would help her win the school competition.

Shue came home for the holiday..**yawn**. I guess he is working on an album, but that is one strange story line.....and an even stranger real life one for MM.

+ Reply to Thread