+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Wasn't the opening song "Homeward Bound" (Simon & Garfunkel), mashed up with "Home"?
    wannasee likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Kiki and Turkey Lurkey Time medley -- brilliant!
    I saw this as Kurt and Rachel's growing "up and away" and beginning of their much-needed divorce, of sorts (been in that place, but with different town/city) from Lima, Ohio. I hope it sticks...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I enjoyed the show too - especially leaving Kurt and Rachel in NY. Gangnam Style for Sectionals... really? God, if I never hear that song again, it will be too soon! Of course it's a big hit in my spin class, so I guess I may never escape it lol. It's always such a train wreck though when other shows try to use it *cough* Dancing with the Stars *cough*. I sure hope they have a much better second song (once Marley is removed from the floor), otherwise, yes, they should definitely lose it this year. The Marley story is bizarre. That girl is already too thin IMO, so having to buy a newly attained eating disorder is not very realistic.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I enjoyed the show too - especially leaving Kurt and Rachel in NY. Gangnam Style for Sectionals... really? God, if I never hear that song again, it will be too soon! Of course it's a big hit in my spin class, so I guess I may never escape it lol. It's always such a train wreck though when other shows try to use it *cough* Dancing with the Stars *cough*. I sure hope they have a much better second song (once Marley is removed from the floor), otherwise, yes, they should definitely lose it this year. The Marley story is bizarre. That girl is already too thin IMO, so having to buy a newly attained eating disorder is not very realistic.
    Considering the fact that the second song is, IIRC, a duet between Marley and Blaine, they have to do more than pick her up off the floor! I thought "Gangnam Style" was a stupid choice, especially since it doesn't give them much to work with vocally. Sad that Tina finally gets the lead and it's that song.

I must be in the minority because I HATED the Thanksgiving song in Kurt and Rachel's apartment. I had to mute it. Totally cringe-worthy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Wasn't the opening song "Homeward Bound" (Simon & Garfunkel), mashed up with "Home"?
    yes it was...and I loved it!

The only reason I am not so sure that The Warblers might not win, is that they are a high school group that sang a song about a girl giving a guy a BJ. Not exactly appropriate right? LOL
    wannasee likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Tina finally gets the lead, to sing a song popularized by a Korean pop star? Ummm ....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Tina finally gets the lead, to sing a song popularized by a Korean pop star? Ummm ....
    I don't understand your "Ummm..." Tina gets the lead vocals and it is a crappy song....Korean or not has nothing to do with....or did you interpret something else from Critical's post?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't know how Critical meant it. And I missed the show. But Tina doesn't get many opportunities (any? I remember it being a complaint in the past, can't recall if things improved) for the lead vocal. I wish it had been something a little more inspired, but also find it an "interesting" coincidence that one of the very few pop songs by an East Asian is the one she sings. No one else's songs seem to go only to their own ethnicity, race, or even gender--in fact they seem to go out of their way not to do that. Well, it did cross gender.

FORT Fogey

Glad you explained so I guess we all agree that Tina got screwed on her lead vocal. Not too much of a challenge considering how good her voice is and how rarely she gets a lead.
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread