+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

They must have different writers doing different scripts ...last night was a very shallow, kind of silly script. Nothing from NY. The bulemia topic continued with Marley being stupid enough to continue to listen to Kitty. Puckerman and Blake's character found friendship and that was a wellwritten aspect of the script. After featuring Brittany for a couple of episodes at the start of the season, her part continues to come to nothing.

I was thinking the same, esp. no NYC? Definitely wanted a follow-up to Rachel's guy friend. I did like the little cameo with Puck. I liked MR in the beginning, but am finding it harder to do so - she's smart enough not to buy into the getting fat thing (although I could almost see it last show, in the context of trying the outfit on in front of a bunch of people, which would be embarrassing and cause some doubt no matter what one knew logically) and after Ryder caught her making herself vomit she's still doing it? She didn't appreciate at all why he had to break their date, so she marches right up to new Puck and asks him out? I'm ok with the two guys getting on common ground, although had trouble buying that right after coming to blows, they would share their deepest shameful secrets. But Kitty being "nice" to Marley? Seriously, I thought when they did their duet, Kitty would have done something so that Marley's pants would split open or something. Heck, I was waiting for that to be the big finale of the Grease musical!

I did get a chuckle out of Becky's superhero and comments.

Last night's episode was a trainwreck! I can't help but wonder if it was a throwaway episode because they figured no one would be watching on Thanksgiving (I was actually shocked it was on). Superheroes? In high school? Yeah...uh...even the biggest of outcasts in my high school (25 years ago!) wouldn't have worn an outfit like that and expected to be taken seriously. It was just weird.
    Ellen and Duxxy like this.

The only thing Iliked about this weeks show was them doing "Some Nights" at the end, and thats only because I love that song.
    Other than that what is Kitty doing in Glee and why does Marley think she is a suddenly her friend?
    I am a little surprised that they aren't making Blaine the main singer this season, they seem to be pushing Ryder into that role. I kind of thought when Blaine was considering going back to his old school that someone was going to call Kurt and tell him, which would have gotten him to call Blaine etc....

I was hoping to see Telly Leung among the Warblers this past week, after having seen him onstage at the Globe in Allegiance: A New American Musical with Lea Salonga and George Takei in September. (BTW, he was outstanding!)
    I'm sure he's moved on to bigger and better.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Last night's episode was a trainwreck! I can't help but wonder if it was a throwaway episode because they figured no one would be watching on Thanksgiving (I was actually shocked it was on). Superheroes? In high school? Yeah...uh...even the biggest of outcasts in my high school (25 years ago!) wouldn't have worn an outfit like that and expected to be taken seriously. It was just weird.
    And it wasn't even just the students or limited to the school. I thought it was such a weird little episode.

I think Glee has jumped the shark as they say. The writing sucks this season. I don't like having to follow 2 storylines. I wish they'd just have a spin off for Rachel and Kurt in NY. Ialso think it's rediculous that Finn is running the Glee club now.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Stupid football made all the shows run late, so I didn't get to see the whole episode. I will be watching it on demand some time this week
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Did anyone else notice that Unique wasn't in the glee club in the episode? Was she forced to quit glee club in addition to the musical?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    she's smart enough not to buy into the getting fat thing (although I could almost see it last show, in the context of trying the outfit on in front of a bunch of people, which would be embarrassing and cause some doubt no matter what one knew logically) and after Ryder caught her making herself vomit she's still doing it?
    About Marley - the biggest misstep I see is that she would notice that her own clothes weren't getting tight (ie that she isn't gaining weight).
    taracran likes this.

+ Reply to Thread