+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

#1) So Marley neither stepped on a scale nor noticed that only the costumes didn't fit, while her regular clothes fit the same.
    Seriously is someone telling the writers to be stupid?

#2) While I don't like "mean Sue," I understand her. Finn provoked her.
    Sometimes I wish I lived on TV there's a coworker of my hubby I WISH I could "go all mean Sue" on him...
    I'd never act on that wish, because I don't live on TV, but I understand the current mean Sue.
    Last edited by Ellen; 11-16-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    taracran likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Blake is doing so well in his role as Ryder! I was pulling for him the whole time during The Glee Project so I am glad to see how amazing he's doing on the show. I hope they keep him front and center in more episodes. I like his connection with Marley too. Unique can go back to his old school anytime. I didn't like the kid on The Glee Project at all, he was a lazy diva kid, so I am a bit biased knowing his personality. Anyway, I enjoyed the show for the most part.
    justCoz likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Blake is doing so well in his role as Ryder! I was pulling for him the whole time during The Glee Project so I am glad to see how amazing he's doing on the show. I hope they keep him front and center in more episodes. I like his connection with Marley too. Unique can go back to his old school anytime. I didn't like the kid on The Glee Project at all, he was a lazy diva kid, so I am a bit biased knowing his personality. Anyway, I enjoyed the show for the most part.
    I didn't like Alex on TGP either. I can totally see him copping a diva attitude or being rude to fans.

I've seen so many positive comments about Blake on various sites today. I really hope he's made a regular cast member. Of the new additions this season, he and Marley are my two favorites. They just come across as nice, normal kids. While this show certainly has lots of over-the-top characters, it needs some normal ones too!

I really hope Blake's performance has shown Ryan Murphy the error of his ways on season 1 of TGP. I like Samuel, but Blake is SO much better as an actor. While it's great if the person's "story" excites RM, it's way more important that they can act
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

I agree, I love Blake. He should be a regular cast member and some of the regulars need to go. There are too many characters, too hard to work them all in. Brittany was a no show in the pre-Grease episode until the very end. Sam is pretty non-existent. Get rid of TGP first season winner with dreads (I cannot connect with him to remember his name), Unique, Kitty.

FORT Fogey

I googled "matthew morrison leaving Glee" and there was a whole bunch of stories in the spring about suspicions that he would be leaving....all of which were denied. I must have missed that spate of stories. It is funny that the hint was there, denied, yet now it apparenlty is true

Any story I've seen about MM's absence from the show attributes it to him working on his new album.

I forgot to comment on how hilarious the cleaned up lyrics for "Greased Lighting" were. I've always found it funny that this show is so popular as a high school musical, considering the lyrics to that song.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ...I forgot to comment on how hilarious the cleaned up lyrics for "Greased Lighting" were. I've always found it funny that this show is so popular as a high school musical, considering the lyrics to that song.
    I saw "Grease" when the Broadway show went on tour to Chicago/Milwaukee. I loved it then. The watered-down high-school musical and movie versions? Yeah, not so much.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Any story I've seen about MM's absence from the show attributes it to him working on his new album.

I forgot to comment on how hilarious the cleaned up lyrics for "Greased Lighting" were. I've always found it funny that this show is so popular as a high school musical, considering the lyrics to that song.
    I just watched my DVR'd version today and was thinking the exact same thing! As soon as they switched the lyrics so they were "gettin' lot's of that" my mind immediately went to what in the world are they gonna do with "p***y wagon"? Obviously I'ver never seen a cleaned up high school version of Grease before

I really enjoyed this episode, I thought the Santana/Cassandra singing of "There Are Worse Things I Can Do" was fabulous. Unique, meh...just don't like the character or Alex. I'm another one who didn't like Alex on GP. But, the way the lyrics were interspersed with what was going on in the story was so fitting, and almost -almost- made me feel some sympathy for Cassandra.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just adding that since there are too many conflicts with Glee now I've dropped it, but I still enjoy following what is going on, and hope there will be reruns that allow me to watch some of these shows. Big Grease fan here. I've realized that if I miss a show and can't even tape it I never catch up... I'm paying for Hulu, but never use it for example. So thank you all for keeping me kind of in the loop!

So many shows I watch are on opposite other shows I watch. I'd hardly see anything without OnDemand!
    DesertRose likes this.

+ Reply to Thread