+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 274 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3734155;
    Actually, if I remember correctly, on 11/4 there will be a rerun episode followed by a new eppy. I've seen the synopsis of the four November shows and they are going to be great!!!!

Mike'sGal... Puck is the cute obnoxious guy with the mohawk.
    I was wrong... the first date IS November 11. *sigh*

But some of the spoilers are:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    apparently Artie has a solo in this eppy. He sings "Dancing With Myself"... heh. There's a preview out on the video site.

And an even better spoiler, IMO, is the fact that apparently
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Madonna has released her entire catalogue to the show. They are apparently doing a show around her music. I have seen one place say that it's after the hiatus, some time in February. Another site says it will be next season. But Quinn will get one of the solos.

Love this show!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3734281;
    But some of the spoilers are:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    apparently Artie has a solo in this eppy. He sings "Dancing With Myself"... heh. There's a preview out on the video site.
    Bout time we got a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Artie centric episode

Also, I woulda liked to have seen the Puck/Rachel relationship last a little longer. And I loved seeing Sue/Will dancing together, and when Emma started singing, I was like, "OMG!!!"
    Last edited by Twiddler; 10-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know, and I love the song Emma sang... I agree, perfect romantic wedding song. And I loved Mohawk boy singing Caroline....did you notice Quinn looking at him differently there for a minute? Especially when she noticed he was singing it to Rachel?
    I didn't recognize Quinn out of her cheerleading outfit at first!
    Really I think they must have chosen everyone in the cast for singing ability. Soon the principal will sing!
    Loved how Sue was transformed by love.

I like how they cover everything from show tunes to songs from the 50's and 60's as well as more modern stuff...and that the kids seem to know them all
    But I'm sorry, still having a tad of trouble with the teacher doing the sexy dance moves with the students/in front of the students....

And isn't a mash up a mix of two songs? Did we see any mash ups? Was Caroline meant to be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3734139;
    Call me stupid- but which one is Puck? I'm having a hard time figuring out names
    I was having trouble with the names too for a while... in the last episode Rachel kept calling Puck "Noah" (I didn't realize it was his given name)
    I don't know why that actor didn't get the part of Finn because seriously he is a much stronger singer and dancer than Cory Montieth- that boy is a lumbering lummox and he always seems to be flat, the only thing he really sings well is Journey, which is why they made it his inspiration I guess.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I read somewhere (another reality site I think) that Joss Whedon(sp?) of Buff fame will be directing an episode! Cant wait for that one!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3734450;
    I was having trouble with the names too for a while... in the last episode Rachel kept calling Puck "Noah" (I didn't realize it was his given name)
    I don't know why that actor didn't get the part of Finn because seriously he is a much stronger singer and dancer than Cory Montieth- that boy is a lumbering lummox and he always seems to be flat, the only thing he really sings well is Journey, which is why they made it his inspiration I guess.
    The character's name is Noah Puckerman, not sure on the spelling. Just remember Sue saying his name when she said he was Jewish and dragging him over to her ethnic group.

I completely agree that the guy playing Puck is stronger, however, Finn is supposed to be a bumbling idiot. He plays that mouth breathing, clueless part to perfection and I don't see anybody other than him being able to pull off a character that doesn't realize you can't get somebody pregnant in a hot tub while you were both still dressed and no actual hmmm....."interaction" occurred.

The actor playing Puck wouldn't be able to pull that off (or the other "gems"....like not knowing you could borrow books from a library).

Although I'm with the rest of you in not seeing why they would keep giving all the male lead solos to the Finn character when the Puck character is a stronger singer.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3734449;
    But I'm sorry, still having a tad of trouble with the teacher doing the sexy dance moves with the students/in front of the students....
    I'm confused by why they keep giving Matthew Morrison all of the rap songs. The guy can sing.. why not give him a different style every once in awhile?

And isn't a mash up a mix of two songs? Did we see any mash ups? Was Caroline meant to be one?
    Yeah, he explained that at the end. They were supposed to come up with a mashup for Bust a Move and Sweet Caroline was Puck's contribution, but in the end they never did the mashup because the group learned their "lesson" about working together as a team.

I agree with you guys that Puck is a very strong singer.. but he also plays the brooding bad boy to perfection. And he's a cutie to boot.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3734489;
    I'm confused by why they keep giving Matthew Morrison all of the rap songs. The guy can sing.. why not give him a different style every once in awhile?........I agree with you guys that Puck is a very strong singer.. but he also plays the brooding bad boy to perfection. And he's a cutie to boot.
    As far as I'm concerned, they can let MM sing whatever they want, just keep him singing....and he can keep right on doing those sexy dance moves too And I agree with you. I think Puck is great in his role, it was nice seeing another side of him last episode, even if it only lasted for a bit. I kinda like the idea of a Puck/Quinn/Finn/Rachel quadrangle....even if Rach and Puck are just trying to make their true crushes jealous. And cute? Yup. Mmmm-Hmmm. Where the heck is a cougar icon when you need one?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3734489;
    I'm confused by why they keep giving Matthew Morrison all of the rap songs.

I was thinking about this too.. all I could come up with is: the songs are a little old for the kids to know. Although he did do Gold Digger and the kids did Push It.
    "Emma" did a really good job on I Could Have Danced All Night - I was surprised.
    Sue in the sweatsuit falling in love over Battleship had me LOL too! It was funnier when she showed up in the Zoot suit and had no idea that it was for men and she said something like 'now I'm even more embarassed'
    There was so much going on in this episode.. the best part? No Terri!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I got my weekly issue of EW today. Lots of spoilers!

Click to see Spoiler:
    the producer is considering approaching Adam Lambert for a guest appearance. Kristin chenoweth will return, Jonalthon Groof will be the lead singer of Vocal Adrenaline. He'll try to woo Rachel. In the Nov. 11th epi, we get peek into Sue's personal life. A friendship develops between Finn and Kurt. Imagine will be performed with a deaf choir and Bootylicious is sung by their rivals, whose coach will be played by hip hop singer Eve./
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread