+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

CCL

Re: Glee

How is Glee Club a teaching job though? It's not a class, but a club. It would be similar to how some schools have non-teachers coach sports teams. I'm not saying Finn should go teach Mr Shue's Spanish class (though Shue was apparently teaching that without knowing much Spanish, so McKinley has other issues).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    How is Glee Club a teaching job though? It's not a class, but a club. It would be similar to how some schools have non-teachers coach sports teams.
    They *call* it a club, but if it's held during the regular school-day schedule for credit/grades, it's a class.
    That's how Glee Club was run in my school[s]. With Lima, who knows?
    I'm not saying Finn should go teach Mr Shue's Spanish class (though Shue was apparently teaching that without knowing much Spanish, so McKinley has other issues).
    As a language teacher, my thoughts exactly!
    But this is Hollywood — realistic academics don't generate ratings, except maybe among teachers and insomniacs.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    So Dean Geyer, who plays Brody, was a contestant on Australian Idol. I just finished watching one of his songs from the show on youtube. Oh my that accent!!! He's originally from South Africa. Yummy!
    He also played a member of the law enforcement in Terra Nova. He was the cutie who dated the lead characters daughter.

I'm with everyone else...I like the NY scenes much better than the Ohio scenes.

I'm assuming Blaine is rich, since he went to private school and Rachels dads seem well off so I don't think money is really an issue with them. What I found to be a stretch was how they could just pick up and go. Rachel has college classes and Blaine has HS. It didn't seem to be a weekend, so....eh. Then again, the writers don't pay much attention to the little details on this show. They never have. Season 1, Mercedes was crushing on Kurt, sang that bust the windows out your car song and then proceeded to bash in the windshield of Kurts brand spanking new Escalade (or was it a Navigator?). Then we find out his dad isn't loaded and is a mechanic...so his teenager driving a new $60,000 vehicle was absurd.

Anyone else wish that Brittany had been the one that graduated last year and that Santana was the Senior this year? I love her one liners but it seems they dont' know quite what to do with her. Plus, Santana has a much better singing voice and I'd love to see her in the Glee club role of "new Rachel".

Best line of the night was during the previews when Sue was insulting the kids and the new girl was all like..what about me? Sue replied with ...I'm not sure how to insult you just yet.
    Ellen and cantstopwatchin like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

There have been a number of posts commenting about how blank and flat B. is and right now has made no contribution to the show although she was featured too much the first two shows

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    He also played a member of the law enforcement in Terra Nova. He was the cutie who dated the lead characters daughter.

I'm with everyone else...I like the NY scenes much better than the Ohio scenes.

I'm assuming Blaine is rich, since he went to private school and Rachels dads seem well off so I don't think money is really an issue with them. What I found to be a stretch was how they could just pick up and go. Rachel has college classes and Blaine has HS. It didn't seem to be a weekend, so....eh. Then again, the writers don't pay much attention to the little details on this show. They never have. Season 1, Mercedes was crushing on Kurt, sang that bust the windows out your car song and then proceeded to bash in the windshield of Kurts brand spanking new Escalade (or was it a Navigator?). Then we find out his dad isn't loaded and is a mechanic...so his teenager driving a new $60,000 vehicle was absurd.

Anyone else wish that Brittany had been the one that graduated last year and that Santana was the Senior this year? I love her one liners but it seems they dont' know quite what to do with her. Plus, Santana has a much better singing voice and I'd love to see her in the Glee club role of "new Rachel".

Best line of the night was during the previews when Sue was insulting the kids and the new girl was all like..what about me? Sue replied with ...I'm not sure how to insult you just yet.
    Yes!! Love Santana!
    Ellen likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Some of the logic behind half the breakups was kind of stupid, but by the time they got to the Coldplay number at the end of the episode, I was misty. That hasn't happened for me with this show in a while, whereas in season 1 it happened almost weekly.

The new high school characters aren't even worthy of Degrassi, let alone Glee. Give me as much GleeSI: NY as possible.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    What I found to be a stretch was how they could just pick up and go. Rachel has college classes and Blaine has HS. It didn't seem to be a weekend, so....eh. Then again, the writers don't pay much attention to the little details on this show.
    I just watched this episode yesterday, so it is fresh in my mind. When Blaine showed up at Kurt and Rachael's apartment, it was Friday night. Right before he got there, Finn, Rachael, and Kurt were talking about going to the most happening club on a Friday and Finn couldn't dress like that
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Heard Matthew M sing the National Anthem at the SF/Cards game yesterday. Did a nice job----just sang it straight with no fancy stuff

FORT Fogey

And he sang again last night for the 2nd game of the World Series. I thought he was even better this time

Glee

He puts on a great show. I saw him in concert about a year ago and he was excellent. Great dancer as well.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread