+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

Actually the 4 breakups should have been the title. So what is MM doing outside the show that they gve him some time off? Is Finn going to take over Glee Club with MM gone....dumb!!!! Everybody is coming back not for the wedding now, but to do GREASE??

Do any of these writers know what tenure is and a sabbatical is in education? Tenure does not give you your job back after you took time off to go with your boyfriend and a sabbatical is not that same vacation....dumb!!!

Got to agree with you, mindy.....Glee can become Glee/NY next season and nothing in OH will be missed.
    ilovefootball25 likes this.

I am really enjoying Glee NY too. Last night's show though, integrating the two places, was actually done really well. Throwing in Shue and Emma's relationship in with the kids though, I thought was stupid. They don't have to parallel everything the kids are going through for pete's sake.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

One other thing that bugged me....

When I was in high school and a college freshman I barely had 2 cents to go to the local burger joint with my friends (and I had a job!!)...how is it THESE teens can fly back and forth across the country at a moments notice??? I know it is TV and we are supposed to suspend our disbelief, but I'm having a bit of a hard time with it.
    Ellen, Duxxy, Miss_Griss and 2 others like this.

I don't watch Glee regularly anymore, but I happened to flip over to it while Grey's was on a commercial. I can't help it but every time I see Finchel, I immediately think I'm just watching Lea and Cory in real life. I wish I didn't know they were dating in real life. It makes it weird to watch them. But Cory was looking good last night, better than he has in the past.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post

When I was in high school and a college freshman I barely had 2 cents to go to the local burger joint with my friends (and I had a job!!)...how is it THESE teens can fly back and forth across the country at a moments notice??? I know it is TV and we are supposed to suspend our disbelief, but I'm having a bit of a hard time with it.
    ITA. When I was in college, I worked to pay my own way. Mom and Dad weren't able to do the "college fund" thing. They let me know that fact in, I think, middle school, so I could prepare. Kinda tough being a foreign language major without the parental handouts to enable me to pay ALL my education and living (apartment, tuition, etc.) expenses and then compete with my "parents are my ATM" colleagues who could afford junior-year abroad, etc. I found creative ways to succeed kind of. But it was a given that the high-school boyfriend did not figure into the long-range goals. I'm glad that "Glee" is not doing the 90210-thing of keeping the stupor-couples together.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I actually liked all the break ups although the cheating on Blaine's part amazed me. The 2 break ups did have to happen with Kurt moving into his new life as is Rachael.

I never loved the Santana/brittany thing as the two personalities just did not mesh. Even last night, watching the two talking side -by-side just showed B. to be so boring
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post

OMGosh, I was thinking the EXACT same thing throughout this show! Especially when last minute plane tickets are so absurdly expensive!!

CCL

Well, Blaine went to private school, and I don't think it was on scholarship, so his parents could have money.
    While I'm disappointed Finn won't be in New York (I wanted to see him in the big city), I'm hoping now they dump Shue and have Finn coach the Glee Club (yeah, I know, he's not a teacher etc. etc. but I'm sure they can make something up). But I don't really get how Mercedes and Mike are going to come back and somehow be involved with the musical? After I graduated, I never went back to my high school (except to vote) so it's weird to me wanting to come back and hang out in the school itself.
    Sexy Rachel - do not want. And I don't care for Brody really. He's fine, but not a big draw for me. Still generally prefer the NYC scenes though with Kurt and Rachel.
    It was funny when the new kids came in and they had no clue who Finn was.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

So Dean Geyer, who plays Brody, was a contestant on Australian Idol. I just finished watching one of his songs from the show on youtube. Oh my that accent!!! He's originally from South Africa. Yummy!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ...I'm hoping now they dump Shue and have Finn coach the Glee Club (yeah, I know, he's not a teacher etc. etc. but I'm sure they can make something up). ...
    ...as they always do; this is Hollywood, where anything is possible:
    [sarcasm]Because everyone knows that anyone can teach anything without any sort of higher education in content area background, methodology, evaluation, etc. Teaching is the easiest job in the world.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, yeah -- I know -- it's just a TV show in which the plot is merely a vehicle for production numbers!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread