+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I wasn't planning on watching this season because I was so disappointed with last season. However, my series recording was still set up on my DVR so the show popped up there when it started again. With nothing else to watch Sunday evening, I decided to give the first two episodes a chance. Surprisingly, I enjoyed both of them! I know a lot of people don't care for Kate Hudson, but I typically like her and thought she fit well in her role on the show.

My one concern is that I think the key to my enjoyment was the lack of Finn. I find his character obnoxious and boring. The whole storyline with Rachel was completely unbelievable - they just don't belong together. Please let them both move on to new relationships and I *might* enjoy this entire season. If he shows back up and there is a bunch of hand wringing about their relationship I will probably just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    My one concern is that I think the key to my enjoyment was the lack of Finn. I find his character obnoxious and boring. The whole storyline with Rachel was completely unbelievable - they just don't belong together. Please let them both move on to new relationships and I *might* enjoy this entire season. If he shows back up and there is a bunch of hand wringing about their relationship I will probably just give up.
    That relationship made sense to me in the context of high school, but not beyond that. Finn's kind of a dopey lummox who's probably going to end up having a blue collar job and never leaving Lima. There's not a thing wrong with that, but it definitely doesn't jibe with Rachel's plans for her future. In high school, in spite of his dopey lummox-ness, Finn was still the BMOC. Girls like Rachel may dream of being with guys like that in high school, but they quickly outgrow them once they go to college.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I can see what you mean about Finn being the type to stay in Lima working a blue collar job. To me, that's what would make it interesting to see him in NYC, out of his element and how he changes as a result. But I'm probably biased as I like Finn.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

Glee is so bittersweet this year; I love the dichotomy between those who have moved on and those they left behind. I even felt for Blaine, and usually I find him annoying. And the idea that long-held goals can (possibly) change a la Kurt.
    Not here for sexed-up Rachel but who didn't see that end coming?

Ooh, just watched the preview for next week. This week I found the songs rather meh but next week they're doing The Scientist by Coldplay. Yay.
    Last edited by CCL; 09-27-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm glad Rachel is done with the school girl look, but seriously- they went just a TAD dark on those eyes didn't they? She looked like a freaking raccoon! I also think she needs to shorten her two-tone hair and ditch the bangs, but I'm no fashion expert here- just an opinion. Speaking of hair...how come Finn doesn't have the regulatory military boot camp buzz cut?

I'm finding myself enjoying Glee:NY better than Glee:OH. Brittany has taken over a lot of the storylines and I'm just not that into her character. She's good for some classic one liners and has mad dance skills, but as a lead character I'm just not that interested. Same with Blaine. And Tina.

One good thing this episode....no Alex...or Unique (ok, I guess that's 2 things)! I'm also loving the Kurt storyline and I think it's a great idea to have him branch into fashion. Good call.

FORT Fogey

Agree that Brittany is not the character to be featuring now on the first two shows..she is so flat emotionally and except for her dumb one liners and dance skills offers nothing.
    I actually use the OH scenes as if they are a long commercial. Since I did that, what is the plan for Mr. S? He is going to be doing something away from Lima?
    The NY scenes are just fabulous and loved SJP...what a great character she played. There was talk ( obviously from those who did not know) that she would be a Devil Wears Prada type.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Agree that Brittany is not the character to be featuring now on the first two shows..she is so flat emotionally and except for her dumb one liners and dance skills offers nothing.
    I actually use the OH scenes as if they are a long commercial. Since I did that, what is the plan for Mr. S? He is going to be doing something away from Lima?
    The NY scenes are just fabulous and loved SJP...what a great character she played. There was talk ( obviously from those who did not know) that she would be a Devil Wears Prada type.
    I don't remember if they said WHERE or not, but is it possible that Mr. Shu's new job might be in NYC? How convenient!

FORT Fogey

I hope not. They don't need him in that part of the series. K and R are perfect together with NEW people as they move from the OH life to NY.
    combatcutie and wannasee like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I'm trying to watch last night's episode. Viewing a TV show should not be such a chore.
    Ellen likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I did watch the show just now from ON Demand. I wonder the the Mr S actor has a movie or gig on Broadway so he will be off the show for a while ( as the Blaine actor did when he was in How To Succeed). Apparently the wedding will be put off so maybe some big changes in the plans for Glee.

Saw the previews with Finn arriving...not sure why he doesn't look like a person who has been in the military or why he is doing a big production number in the next show. He did not have the talent to get into the NY school...so whatever are they using him for??

+ Reply to Thread