+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fanatic

Re: Glee

If they focus on just NY I'll start watching again. However, if it continues the way it is now, I'm done. Last night's episode was PAINFUL TO WATCH.

I loved last night's episode. Just had to throw my vote out there!

The only character I can't stand is Unique trying to fill Mercedes shoes. Alex won an appearance in 8 episodes, are we almost done with that? It seems like it should be close.

I like the NY scenes w/ Kate Hudson. I just realized where the new hot boy after Rachel is from - he was the daughter's boyfriend on Terra Nova! Glad he got a new gig. Can't wait to see SJP next week.
    combatcutie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Alex did not win the shows he is getting this year. He placed second behind the Irish kid and the kid with the hair. Alex and the girl ( who I thought would be the new Rachel) got 2-3 episodes. Those prizes were complete last season.

They apparently got rid of Damien this year and the kid with the hair was brought back as was Alex. His appearances have nothing to do with the Glee Project so we have no idea how long he will be on this season.

I thought this was one of the dumbest, most boring episodes in "Glee"'s repetoire.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Alex did not win the shows he is getting this year. He placed second behind the Irish kid and the kid with the hair. Alex and the girl ( who I thought would be the new Rachel) got 2-3 episodes. Those prizes were complete last season.

They apparently got rid of Damien this year and the kid with the hair was brought back as was Alex. His appearances have nothing to do with the Glee Project so we have no idea how long he will be on this season.
    Yep, Alex and Lindsay both won a 2-episode arc on the show. Sadly, Alex is getting much more than that. The whole Unique thing is ridiculous. Plus, they already did that on Boston Legal with Clarence/Clarice....the actors even look similar. I'd much prefer Lindsay on the show. She can act. I never liked Alex on TGP and am REALLY disappointed that RM cast him on the show beyond those 2 episodes. IMO, he's a one-note actor.

I was happy to see Samuel back on the show this season and not all that disappointed to not see Damian. As much as I liked him on TGP, he just didn't impress me on this show. I think Samuel has shown growth since he first started and I'm hopeful he'll get more to do this season. I think he's got lots of potential.

I don't dislike Cory Monteith, but Brody had me asking "Finn, who?" last night! He's WAY hotter than Finn. That line about her knowing that whenever they were together that he would be thinking about kissing her - totally cliche, but I liked it anyway. I never got the Finn-Rachel pairing beyond high school anyway. They were obviously headed in completely different directions. Honestly, I don't miss Finn (or the other graduated characters we haven't seen much of) at all.
    justCoz and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I loved last night's episode. Just had to throw my vote out there!

The only character I can't stand is Unique trying to fill Mercedes shoes. Alex won an appearance in 8 episodes, are we almost done with that? It seems like it should be close.

I like the NY scenes w/ Kate Hudson. I just realized where the new hot boy after Rachel is from - he was the daughter's boyfriend on Terra Nova! Glad he got a new gig. Can't wait to see SJP next week.

Thank you! I knew I knew Brody from somewhere and just couldn't remember where I had seen him.

I'm afraid that they really like Alex and his character and that we are going to see too much of him/her.

It was good to see Samuel actually getting to say a few lines. I really like to hear him sing and would love it if they gave him a solo. Just him and his guitar.
    Cornholio likes this.

I could not agree more about Alex/Unique. I didn't like him on Glee Project, and am really tired of him on Glee. I wish they'd have been done with him when his two story arc was over. I don't miss Damien except I'd rather see glimpes of him over Alex. He didn't seem to do much for Glee but with all the seniors leaving he could have been in the background like he was last year. It would have helped with the supposed requirement of twelve. At least him being in the outskirts makes sense.

I was kind of bored with the show.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't dislike Cory Monteith, but Brody had me asking "Finn, who?" last night! He's WAY hotter than Finn. That line about her knowing that whenever they were together that he would be thinking about kissing her - totally cliche, but I liked it anyway. I never got the Finn-Rachel pairing beyond high school anyway. They were obviously headed in completely different directions. Honestly, I don't miss Finn (or the other graduated characters we haven't seen much of) at all.
    Couldn't agree more. Brody is HAWT!!!!

And I'm with the rest of you who have said they are so done with Unique. I don't like the story line at all
    Katydyd likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post

And I'm with the rest of you who have said they are so done with Unique. I don't like the story line at all
    I wouldn't mind Unique if Alex could actually act AND if we didn't know from TGP that he has problems emoting at all when he's not in drag. I think he's totally one note. If they wanted to do a story like that, there are plenty of talented actors who could have pulled it off. Unfortunately, his snotty behavior on TGP has affected how I feel about him in Glee.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wouldn't mind Unique if Alex could actually act AND if we didn't know from TGP that he has problems emoting at all when he's not in drag. I think he's totally one note. If they wanted to do a story like that, there are plenty of talented actors who could have pulled it off. Unfortunately, his snotty behavior on TGP has affected how I feel about him in Glee.

That is how I feel too. I might be more forgiving of him if I hadn't seen his attitude on The Glee Project.

+ Reply to Thread