+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

CCL

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Does anyone know who is officially NOT coming back at all? Obviously we've seen Rachel and Kurt, but are Mercedes, Santana, Mike, Puck, Quinn, and Finn really gone or are they coming back here and there? Is Rory (Damian) officially gone? Will Sugar speak more than 5 words the entire season? I really like the Marley character, but do we really need another Rachel? Couldn't she have at least had red hair or something?!
    I read that Dianna Agron (Quinn) negotiated an early exit so she will be in a few episodes this year but not much. I also read that Finn won't show up for the first few episodes; not sure how regular he is after that. They said that Santana was in school but I thought she was going to be in NYC with Rachel and Kurt? Maybe she drops out or transfers? Or maybe she stays where she is. I haven't heard anything about Puck, Mercedes, Mike or Damian.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I read that Dianna Agron (Quinn) negotiated an early exit so she will be in a few episodes this year but not much. I also read that Finn won't show up for the first few episodes; not sure how regular he is after that. They said that Santana was in school but I thought she was going to be in NYC with Rachel and Kurt? Maybe she drops out or transfers? Or maybe she stays where she is. I haven't heard anything about Puck, Mercedes, Mike or Damian.
    They announced that Damian was out a while back - there might be something upthread about it, I can't remember. We just didn't know about Samuel until this first episode. I thought Puck and Mercedes were going to LA, but I honestly don't care if we see them or Mike. At some point, these characters have to move on. It's not like 90210 where the show followed all of them as they graduated. The point of this show is the glee club. While I don't mind them following a few of them post-graduation, I still want the glee club to be the focus.

I really like Marley and, aside from the color of her hair, I don't see any similarities to Rachel. They both have great voices, but I don't think their voices are alike at all. Totally different backgrounds and personalities.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm going to take a gander and say that we'll see Puck at some point because his brother is about to be in Glee Club. That's a story they kind of pulled out of nowhere...weird.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Does anyone know who is officially NOT coming back at all? Obviously we've seen Rachel and Kurt, but are Mercedes, Santana, Mike, Puck, Quinn, and Finn really gone or are they coming back here and there? Is Rory (Damian) officially gone? Will Sugar speak more than 5 words the entire season? I really like the Marley character, but do we really need another Rachel? Couldn't she have at least had red hair or something?!
    I thought that I read somewhere that all of them will be back at some point (if only for Mr Shu and Emma's wedding episode) - but won't be large players. Except Rachel, Kurt, and Finn - who all signed full contract extensions.

OK. Just watching now on Hulu, and I've gotta ask why, with all the new interest in Glee Club, would they limit the size to nine people and only choose one new person? That's just crazy and totally unbelievable. The first season, Mr. Shue was trolling for group members, and the club is smaller now than it was back then. It's not like we have to actually follow the stories of everyone in the group. They could have just added some filler people to be in the background and make it more realistic. Very strange!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    OK. Just watching now on Hulu, and I've gotta ask why, with all the new interest in Glee Club, would they limit the size to nine people and only choose one new person? That's just crazy and totally unbelievable. The first season, Mr. Shue was trolling for group members, and the club is smaller now than it was back then. It's not like we have to actually follow the stories of everyone in the group. They could have just added some filler people to be in the background and make it more realistic. Very strange!
    I was wondering this too - especially since there is a minimum requirement of 12 (or somewhere around there) for competitions. I wondered if it was to do a "reveal" of sorts - show us 1 or 2 new people per week for the first few weeks of the show.

IRL, they would bring in a bunch of new members at the beginning of the school year but, for this show, I'm sure they're going to do it gradually. They don't want to swamp the audience with a lot of new people all at once. I'm sure the new Puckerman will be on the team, as will maybe one of two of the new Cheerios. Then Blake from TGP is showing up. They'll have at least 12 by the time they need to compete.

Since they're following the graduated characters as well, I'm sure they don't want the cast to explode into a TON of people.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I know it is early, but I am enjoying the NY scenes far more than the OH scenes. It seems like nothing has gotten started in OH yet whereas the action in NY is moving along.

Also interesting that there has been no contact between Rach and Finn in several months....and I don't miss him at all

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I know it is early, but I am enjoying the NY scenes far more than the OH scenes. It seems like nothing has gotten started in OH yet whereas the action in NY is moving along.

Also interesting that there has been no contact between Rach and Finn in several months....and I don't miss him at all
    Honestly, I think Glee:NY could easily become more popular than Glee:Ohio if it becomes a spin-off (and I know thats strange for spin-offs). But, when you think about it, it could easily happen for the following reasons:

1- Kurt and Rachel are in NY. Arguably, these are the 2 stars of Glee and 2 of the best singers. Kurt is universally beloved and Rachel, while often polarizing, is at least a constant topic of interest/debate/etc... (unlike, say, Tina).
    2- New cast members in NYC that dont automatically feel like re-treads. No matter what, the new members in Ohio are basically filling shoes--Marley is the new Rachel, the hot guy is the new Puck, etc... BUT--The folks in NYC are fresh and fun. And, they are bringing in some large names (SJP, Whoopie, Kate Hudson) in NYC that can and will attract new audience members.
    3- New spin on Glee might bring back some of the audience that left over the past 2 seasons. It is a verified fact that Glee's popularity has declined over the past 2 seasons, this is even reflected here at the FORT where many of us have posted our grievances and frustrations with the show's decline in writing/storylines/etc... I would wager that without The Glee Project we would have witnessed an even larger nose dive in the ratings than what has occurred...
    4- NYC: A little more "grown-up" while still reaching a younger audience. Glee NY will appeal to those die-hard tween fans and could appeal to a broader adult audience as well since it isn't set at a high school. It might look something like Smash, Gossip Girl and American Idol without all the 'in your face life lessons' that Glee has often over-done in the past. And, as a sidenote, the best service message ever from Glee happened to feature Kurt and his dad (and, IMO, was the only one that truly became part of the story without feeling pushy and was simply wonderful) and Kurt is in NYC.

So, if some of the rumors are true about an eventual Glee spinoff then I could definitely see big things for this show...and, like ibot, I'm enjoying the NYC scenes more too .
    ibot2much and its_glinda_now like this.

I'm really liking the NYC scenes too! I'm definitely enjoying Rachel's story with the the "new boy" and her teacher, and I love her and Kurt together in the loft! I'm really looking forward to seeing Kurt at his new job with SJP. Especially since that job will be totally out of the performing arts, but a realistic alternative for Kurt while he waits to reaudition for NYADA. There's so much they can do with the NYC setting and characters who are out of high school and on their own.

I'm still enjoying the high school scenes, though I agree, not quite as much. But Britney and her "scissor Skyping" I suppose the new girl and Puck's brother gives a us chance for a "Rachel/Puck" do over, but honestly the only thing I see her having in common with Rachel is a good voice and being an outsider. But really, that pretty well sums up the entire Glee club

The thing I think they are really succeeding at though, is keeping the two "Glee-verses" separate, but connected. I think in that way it's a lot like real life, when you first head out on your own. You've left people behind, but they don't suddenly just disappear from your life. Communication with them, and referencing them in your conversation is natural...and just like with Santana, sometimes being too busy and growing apart happens too. Either way, the story shift between the two worlds is smooth and doesn't seem dis-jointed or confusing. Kinda like they way they do it on "Once Upon a Time." Another...superior...show that starts September 30th. Not that I'm excited or anything. Just saying :grin
    dzigner likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread