+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

I am looking forward to it. So many changes both in OH and then the NY story line with the 3 graduates. I could see the spoiler from post 1989 actually happening .

CCL

Kate Hudson...ugh. At least she is playing a character that (it seems) I can freely despise. It'll be interesting to see how the show works with splitting the focus between the grads and the high schoolers.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm okay with Kate Hudson..it's SJP I don't want to see. She annoys me.

I'm giving it one more shot, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

From what I remember seeing this finally falls opposite something I like to watch so I only watched a handful of episodes last season and I'll probably not watch any this season. I just don't like the Rachel character. And I really feel the writing hasn't been as tight as it was when the show started.

FORT Fogey

I just noticed that it will be against Project Runway in my area....plus I have two baseball games to watch.. AL East. I gues my remote will get a workout during the commercials tonight

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

So far, I'm really like it. I think the transitions between Ohio and NY are really smooth - though right now we are only seeing Rachel. It might get worse if we have to deal with multiple locations and people.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm okay with Kate Hudson..it's SJP I don't want to see. She annoys me.

I'm giving it one more shot, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    I don't like SJP either.

I was reading an article today about Glee and they said the show was often uneven. Which is true. I thought this episode was pretty good though. I'm wondering if we will ever see the heavyweight mom again or if she has served her "let's learn" purpose (I hate when shows just drop things like that after the teaching moments); I like her daughter. I enjoyed the Rachel in New York moments and I'm glad her song went well as she was being hit pretty hard with the other things. And I am all for the Kurt-Rachel show in New York - I love that friendship. The scene with Kurt and his dad in the car was so sweet and funny and sad...I love the Hummels.
    combatcutie and 2boysmom like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I hope we continue to see Marley's mom, CCL. Maybe they can be the female version of Kurt and his dad.

I expected the episode to be more frenetic with them being in NY with Rachel, but I thought it was well-paced. I'm not a Kate Hudson fan, but the character isn't likeable, so it works.

I liked both Marley and Jake - both the characters and their voices. Not happy that Alex is on the show this season. He has a voice, but I'm not convinced he can act. The "Unique" thing is going to wear thin for me, I think. I was happy to see Samuel though. I hope they give him more to do this season than sit and clap for other people and dance around in the background.

Was it just me, or did Sue's baby look like she has Down Syndrome?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Loved the combo of Rachel and Marley singing the same song....that was so The New Rachel on a couple of levels..... really, really well done.

Did anybody else think that the Kate Hudson dance routine used a body double and the two were merged in editing. There wasn't a lot of amazing dance in the routine, but there were so many scenes when Kate's face disappeared. I never thought of her as a dancer, so I wondered if she was not dancing.

Hated the beginning with the kids falling in with the nasty kids....glad that ended quickly, and I really hated the use of the slushies again. That ended a while ago and should NOT have been brought back.

I like Alex and was glad to see that he got a chance to come back

Looking forward to see Kurt apply for his new job.....that could be a great TV. LOL

I didn't notice Sue's baby but the DS would certainly make sense

Last season Will and Emma went with Sue to the doctor. At the visit, the doctor told Sue that the baby was a girl but the amino showed some abnormalities. Back at school, Becky came into Coach's (Sue) office to ask if Sue was having a baby and Sue told her yes and she is just like you.

I enjoyed last night. I thought Marley and Rachel singing at the same time was very clever. It was very obvious who the "New Rachel" will be. I thought Sam was very sweet to Marley, letting her know he's been where she is.

Kirk and his Dad. Kirk and Rachel

Alex is such a strong personality, Mercedes, Kirk and Rachel all in one person.

+ Reply to Thread