+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    I really really disliked how this season ended. Kurt nailed his audition and didn't get in, but Rachel did? W.T.H! And it's always all about Rachel. I seriously hope she goes away and never comes back. Cannot stand the character and really do not like the acrtress either. Ugh. Not sure I will bother watching next season, since I know Ryan Murphy said no one is actually leaving.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who can't stand Rachel/Lea Michele.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't have anyone on the show that I can't stand. If they add Wade/Unique, he'll be the first.

I was weepy through most of the show tonight. "In My Life" makes me cry every time.
    Duxxy, FireWoman and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

So glad the wedding did not happen...that was a disaster of a story line.....and you know, if they didn't add it, it would not have made any difference to the show....so why was it even mentioned?

I was surprised by the Brittany thing...I guess we didn't hear much about her plans, but not graduating at all was kind of a surprise especially since so much was made of Puck's one class.

Over all not a bad show, but it will be interesting to see what they do next season

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh boy, I won't be missing that Rachel Barry ugly cry one iota!! And I had to laugh at the red airline stewardess outfit with knee-high socks and heels outfit that she wore when she arrived to New York. It was awful and she stuck out like a sore thumb. Nope, I won't miss her AT ALL.

The highlights of the episode for me were when the Juniors sang "In My Life" (a favorite song of mine) and when Bert hopped up on stage and danced to All The Single Ladies. His and Kurt's relationship has been a favorite of mine and that flashback scene while he was singing was really sweet. I'm going to miss them the most but maybe Kurt will be sticking around...
    Ellen and Duxxy like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned, when Burt did the Single Ladies dance, I was just dying, it was awesome. That was definitely the best highlight of the show for me.
    Duxxy likes this.

Lea Michele can go back to Broadway and I'd be happy. Many of my friends expressed disappointment in the finale but I thought it was a love letter... besides the last 4 mins. In my life brings me to tears every time, this time was no exception.
    I <3 Burt, I have since the first time he was on (actually I had a bit of a crush on him since he was on Yes, Dear) Sue and Quinn's lovely moment. I loved it all.. but the last 4 minutes.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well, I must be the only one that likes Rachel. I thought the season finale was great and I was teary eyed through the entire episode. Mr. Schuester and Finn, Bert, Kurt, Sue and Quinn...the underclassmen, call me a sap, I liked it all. Bitter sweet and left the door open to many possibilities for next year.
    When Santana said she wasn't keeping any mementos because it would give a reason not to keep in touch or something to that effect. So true.
    Lil Bit likes this.

FORT Fogey

So as of last night, nothing was said about Kurt and Puck's plans......Santana was a little vague and Brittany was left behind but the other kids were all set to leave Lima...only to return for the wedding in November.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Well, I must be the only one that likes Rachel. I thought the season finale was great and I was teary eyed through the entire episode. Mr. Schuester and Finn, Bert, Kurt, Sue and Quinn...the underclassmen, call me a sap, I liked it all. Bitter sweet and left the door open to many possibilities for next year.
    When Santana said she wasn't keeping any mementos because it would give a reason not to keep in touch or something to that effect. So true.
    No, you're not the only one. I love her. Maybe I identify with her a little too much!

Lea Michele was on Letterman the other night and was talking about how, when she was shooting the NYC scenes wearing that coat and pulling the bright pink suitcase, the New Yorkers didn't even bat an eyelash. It was all the tourists who were stopping and staring at her in that get up. That's one of the things I love about Rachel - how she's still sort of stuck in a Streisand/Mary Tyler Moore-era idea of NYC and how an ingenue dresses.

I like Mercedes, but I won't miss her next season if Amber Riley is not on the show. Same with Mike.

I'm not surprised Brittany didn't graduate. I think that was just a given. She probably didn't even think about it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I also like Rachel and the outfit really reminded me of Mary Tyler Moore. In fact, I was expecting her to twirl around and throw her hat up into the air!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread