+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Thanks for the updates. I'll look fowarding to seeing my favorites from the Glee Project, later on. Damian was one that I really liked. I liked Lyndsay too.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I think the two winners made less of an impression on GLEE this season than the two runners=up.
    I agree. In order of how well I think they did singing and acting on Glee, I would say 1) Alex, 2) Lindsay, 3) Samuel, then 4) Damian.

It's the reverse order of how much I liked their actual personalities as portrayed on The Glee Project! I couldn't stand Alex on GP, but loved him on Glee as Wade/Unique. Damian McGinty has a beautiful voice, but he was somewhat of a nonentity as an actor.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-21-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Alex was my least favorite contestant on TGP and he didn't do anything to change my mind on Glee. I think he's one note and I think he's a horrible, campy actor. He's not natural at all. I mean, Chris Colfer can be campy too, but he's a much better actor, so it works. If Alex ends up a series regular, I'll be less likely to watch. I think he's got a terrific voice, but he can't act and I didn't like his nasty attitude on TGP. He was so rude and arrogant.

Samuel was always my favorite, followed by Damian and Lindsay (as far as the top 4 went). I liked Hannah as well. I'd be happy to see Damian and Samuel (especially Samuel) back next season.
    mindy384 and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

I liked Unique the first go-round. The second time was just meh and I agree that VA was too much about Unique. I mean, Rachel is the star of ND but the others do get solos and parts to play which make it more of a true choir.

The Tina storyline where everybody was switched was fab and could have gone on longer.

Whoopi was harsh to Rachel but what she said about how Rachel's constant messages were taking time away from other qualified singers, and how that was unfair to them, was apt. I still love Rachel, however. And I wouldn't mind seeing Jonathan Groff show up at NYADA next year as they've already established you can audition year after year.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Finally, it's clearly spelled out who is a senior and who isn't! (non-seniors: Blaine, Tina, Artie, Sam, Sugar, Joe, and Damien (I don't know his show name)) Brittany is currently in limbo - she's not performing with either the seniors or the underclassmen. But she's not graduating.

Also, I love the flashbacks they are showing!
    Last edited by WrigleyDogA2; 05-22-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    JavaJo likes this.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I really really disliked how this season ended. Kurt nailed his audition and didn't get in, but Rachel did? W.T.H! And it's always all about Rachel. I seriously hope she goes away and never comes back. Cannot stand the character and really do not like the acrtress either. Ugh. Not sure I will bother watching next season, since I know Ryan Murphy said no one is actually leaving.
    Ellen likes this.

I hope Murhpy has a clue as to how the next season will play out because I sure don't. Too many players are all over the place. Knowing what I know of Murphy, he probably doesn't have an idea either!

I thought there were some really great moments (up till the last 4 or so minutes). I liked the touches to the beginning. Burt's Single Ladies dance was hillariously sweet. Most of the adult/kids moments were great. I found myself enjoying this much more than I have the entire season.
    JavaJo likes this.

CCL

Darn show...you made me cry.
    Kurt's song was lovely.
    I believe they said it would be a show within the show next year I'm thinking they will split focus with Lima and NY (Rachel, Santana, Quinn (New Haven) and I would say Kurt (he'll end up getting in I think) in NY. Not sure about Puck (?) and Mercedes(?) but there have been reports of those two actors not returning. The dancer guy whose name escapes me...he could end up in NY at a dance school instead of Chicago. Which leaves Finn.
    waywyrd and JavaJo like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My husband made me google Lima to make sure Finns licence plate was correct. It was! Lol....we live a little over an hour from there.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, Finn's going in the Army, so unless he's in some kind of Army choir that hits NYC and Lima it's hard to see how we'll see him...maybe Rachel will sing him a farewell as he heads off to Afghanistan....
    The cute dancer guy whose name I'm also forgetting--I always miss where he's supposed to be going to school... somewhere in Chicago?

I wondered if maybe Kurt did get in but said he didn't as his "brother" didn't? And once Finn is gone he'll go to NYC?

I must have missed an episode about Finn's dad...what the heck was that all about???

Now Puck finished high school...and he and Finn said they didn't want to be one of those sad guys who were high school stars but never leave Lima and hang out trying to pick up high school girls...and he told his pool clients he was going to LA... Re Puck's grades---if a C- is an A for a Puckerman one has to wonder what kind of GPA you need to graduate from that high school--anything greater than Brit's 0.0?

At least Rachel and Finn didn't get married. Very mature, if unbelievable, of Finn.

+ Reply to Thread