+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: Glee

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Glee

Unique: He/she has the talent to replace both Kurt AND Mercedes!
    Ellen likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

And to make me not want to watch next season!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    And to make me not want to watch next season!
    Same. I really do not like that Alex guy. He was such a self-important jerk on The Glee Project, and I really don't think he is a very good actor at all. I would really like to see Rory (Damien) come back next season, but I don't care either way if Joe (Samuel) stays or goes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My senior year I was in a very small high school also...100 kids in 4 grades...so everyone went to the prom, but my kids went to a big high school, closer to 2000 in 3 grades, and I think then at least one person in a couple had to be a senior....my kids both went in groups with "dates" often just friends, and they were all seniors I think. My sophomore and junior year I was at an equally big school and there were both junior and senior proms. So obviously varies.

I didn't watch the Glee Project so the winners are all new to me and I'm just judging them by their characters on the show. With Santana and Kurt graduating I guess Blaine and Unique will be carrying the LGBT banner next year. Unique seems fine to me and a good singer. In real life is the singer also trans, or is that just for the show?
    I like the guy who looks like he came from Avatar, with the dreads, but Rory, while OK never did much for me. Looks like a little kid. Is the new blonde girl who's had some lines also from the Glee Project? So far I don't like her much.
    Loved, loved, loved Tina's dream...the Finn/Kurt switch especially was good both ways, but really all of them, even the grown ups, were good at that.
    I thought Lindsey Lohan did a good job playing a caricature of herself, and the other judges were good reps of the looney judges they have for this event. I don't really know P. Hilton, except by name.
    LOVED the scene leading up to Mean and the whole song. I hope he passes the test 2nd time around.
    I'm glad Will and Emma finally did it....if they waited 'til the wedding night for her, too much pressure. A bit odd that she doesn't reward his patience so much as his conquering hero thing, but hey... And it sure didn't look like she was going to ask him to shower first!
    Loved the confetti slushies. Yes, I know the whole show was a feel good trip, but, dang, some days I just like to feel good!
    As to people coming back, remember Mr. Shue wants the whole gang at the wedding, so there's at least that.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Unique: He/she has the talent to replace both Kurt AND Mercedes!
    ...AND Rachel.
    Her [Rachel's] return would make me less inclined to continue watching.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Alex lives in my state so there have been some articles about him locally. He did not cross dress in real life. He is a parochial HS student. I don't know if he played female in local/school plays....I just don't recall if it was mentioned. I had the impression ( and I could be wrong) that the first time he tried it was on GP when he did "And I'M Telling You..."

I like him and agree with the above posters that he is a amazing on the stage. I really hope they bring him back as a regular next year.

I see that the GP is filming and will start on Oxygen in June.

I have picked up watching Glee the last few weeks. I'm surprised that I like it so much. I tried to watch it awhile back and couldn't get into it.

I did watch all of the Glee Project. I was hoping to see more of favorites in the show. Perhaps they were on earlier and I missed them. It was good to see Alex. I liked him. What have they done with the females. Did any of them make it to a small part?

FORT Fogey

There was a girl whose name I can't recall who was one of the 4 winners....She was featured at the start of the season playing a girl who wanted to go to the same school in NYC that Rachel was interested in. She was given two big numbers on GLEE and we heard that she was a sophomore...again giving the impression that she might be available to transfer.

I think the two winners made less of an impression on GLEE this season than the two runners=up. Neither boy was given anything big to do on the stage, maybe because neither one was a power singer. Neither was especially memorable as an actor either, although Damien did stand out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have picked up watching Glee the last few weeks. I'm surprised that I like it so much. I tried to watch it awhile back and couldn't get into it.

I did watch all of the Glee Project. I was hoping to see more of favorites in the show. Perhaps they were on earlier and I missed them. It was good to see Alex. I liked him. What have they done with the females. Did any of them make it to a small part?
    Lindsay was on earlier in the season.
    Sam and Damian are still my favorites from the Glee Project and I hoping to see them back next season.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Alex lives in my state so there have been some articles about him locally. He did not cross dress in real life. He is a parochial HS student. I don't know if he played female in local/school plays....I just don't recall if it was mentioned. I had the impression ( and I could be wrong) that the first time he tried it was on GP when he did "And I'M Telling You..."
    Alex goes to Bishop Fenwick High School (in Peabody, MA...several of my son's friends go there). In March, Alex played the narrator and "Mary Sunshine" (a reporter) in the school's production of Chicago. I thought he had performed as a woman before GP, but I can't find any references to it.

+ Reply to Thread