+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I think his hair has been gelled the whole time, just not as much. He's worn dorky clothes as long as he's been at McKinley. Before, he mainly wore his school uniform, so it wasn't as obvious. I'm sure they did start playing it up more to make it his thing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved this weeks episode. I thought the music was great. I've never really liked Quinn's singing, it always sounded "nasaly" to me, but when she sang "Take My Breath Away", it was beautiful. I also love that Becky hears herself in a British accent. Too funny!
    Last edited by harleyswife; 05-11-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think his hair has been gelled the whole time, just not as much. He's worn dorky clothes as long as he's been at McKinley. Before, he mainly wore his school uniform, so it wasn't as obvious. I'm sure they did start playing it up more to make it his thing.
    When Kurt told Blaine he'd never seen his hair like that (curly), I had to disagree. Remember the episode ("Alcohol") where Rachel had a party in her basement and they all got drunk? Blaine arrived and it was the first time he'd been shown in anything but his school uniform. He had on casual, but non-nerdy clothes and curly hair. He ended up kissing Rachel... Gah, I am such a Gleek!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Just a few notes about this episode - 1) at last years prom all the students went crazy for the glee club as they were singing also 2) loved Becky distracting Sue so Puck could finally achieve his dream of spiking the punch 3) I am so confused about who is a senior and who isn't 4) I was really hoping/am still really hoping that Rachel takes her disappointment and writes a song for them to sing at Nationals. Talk about raw emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    When Kurt told Blaine he'd never seen his hair like that (curly), I had to disagree. Remember the episode ("Alcohol") where Rachel had a party in her basement and they all got drunk? Blaine arrived and it was the first time he'd been shown in anything but his school uniform. He had on casual, but non-nerdy clothes and curly hair. He ended up kissing Rachel... Gah, I am such a Gleek!
    His hair still did have product in it, but it definitely looked a lot more natural....although not like in this last episode. It was also a lot shorter back in "Blame it on the Alcohol" so he didn't look like Chaka Khan!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I realize that I'm supposed to just suspend belief, but if this is a Senior Prom, how was Kurt able to be Queen last year, and weren't Finn & Quinn up for prom king and queen last year, too? Do some schools just have a prom that isn't designated a senior or junior one?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I realize that I'm supposed to just suspend belief, but if this is a Senior Prom, how was Kurt able to be Queen last year, and weren't Finn & Quinn up for prom king and queen last year, too? Do some schools just have a prom that isn't designated a senior or junior one?
    We don't have designated junior/senior proms where I live. All the schools are much to small for that. And since we put grades 7-12 in one school usually potentially that means that from 7th grade on you could be going to prom with the right date. Typically speaking one of the partners must be in 10th, 11th or 12th grade though as an unwritten rule. And all schools here only have one prom each. No junior prom and then senior prom. It's just prom here. I knew many people who had older boyfriends going to prom when they were in 9th grade or so (not too many earlier than that).

So to me it makes sense to have them all there every year for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I'm confused by this, as well. I've never known a system where anyone but a senior can be crowned King and Queen. I know some schools also crown a Prince and Princess (from the junior class) but K and Q is a perk of being a senior.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

TVLine is reporting that: Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson will appear as guest stars next year.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-14-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: no spoiler tags needed

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    TVLine is reporting that: Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson will appear as guest stars next year.
    Oh boy, two of my three least favourite actresses. Gwyneth would be the third.
    waywyrd and football_chick like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread