+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 274 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I loved this episode, but if Terri's obnoxious sister and that creepy blog kid fell off a cliff next week it could only help things. Both pregnancy stories are wearing thin for me.

"Hate On Me" owned "No Air," in every way. Sorry white kids.

Artie continues to be my very favorite, despite his sum total of 10 minutes screen time so far.

The flunking of the Cheerios was awesome, and I noticed the three Will didn't flunk happened to be Quinn, Santana, and Swiss Miss, the three in Glee. Oh, Will.

I'm not really sympathetic to Quinn and her plight, but that final number was beautiful.

I love Sue, a whole lot, but even if I hated her I'd have to admit she had a point about how Will is handling Glee Club. It shouldn't always be Finn and Rachel trading moony looks and holding hands and singing the songs while the rest of the kids sway and "ooh" in the background. They're the leads of the show, so I don't mind them getting the bulk of the storyline and plot etc., but show choirs are still choirs; there may be solos or ensembles, but the goal is still a choral sound. New Directions needs to get whoever is doing Vocal Adrenaline's arrangements, because they have it down; everybody sings together. Plus, I just plain want to hear more from everyone else. That impromptu jam session thingy this week was one of my favorite numbers so far.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3728706;
    I loved this episode, but if Terri's obnoxious sister and that creepy blog kid fell off a cliff next week it could only help things. Both pregnancy stories are wearing thin for me.

"Hate On Me" owned "No Air," in every way. Sorry white kids.

Artie continues to be my very favorite, despite his sum total of 10 minutes screen time so far.

The flunking of the Cheerios was awesome, and I noticed the three Will didn't flunk happened to be Quinn, Santana, and Swiss Miss, the three in Glee. Oh, Will.

I'm not really sympathetic to Quinn and her plight, but that final number was beautiful.

I love Sue, a whole lot, but even if I hated her I'd have to admit she had a point about how Will is handling Glee Club. It shouldn't always be Finn and Rachel trading moony looks and holding hands and singing the songs while the rest of the kids sway and "ooh" in the background. They're the leads of the show, so I don't mind them getting the bulk of the storyline and plot etc., but show choirs are still choirs; there may be solos or ensembles, but the goal is still a choral sound. New Directions needs to get whoever is doing Vocal Adrenaline's arrangements, because they have it down; everybody sings together. Plus, I just plain want to hear more from everyone else. That impromptu jam session thingy this week was one of my favorite numbers so far.
    But to be fair, it is a Spanish class..we'd expect Santana to be able to pass... and Quinn seems really determined not to be a Lima Loser so maybe she is a decent student. She certainly seems to be more with it than Finn! Swiss Miss, who knows....

Also, re Rachel getting all the solos... well, she isn't ... that was the final point of the episode, no? He calls the other girl to do the West Side Story number and Rachel tells the other teacher she's quit Glee.
    Did you catch the lilne a show or two ago when Finn was complaining about stress and mentioned that he had to be the Glee Club stud? Of course that's when the only other two guys were gay and in a wheelchair... it does get a bit harder to defend his always getting the big romantic songs when the other football players have joined. Not that being in a wheelchair/gay should mean you don't get the lead songs, but... neither of them has the romantic lead look either....
    Finally got to see the football game episode....really good, from the coming out to the dance on the field. I especially liked that some of the opponent players were starting to dance as well and their teammates had to calm them down!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3728599;
    What else has the latino cheerleader been on? I think she plays...Santana? Is that right? She's adorable and I swear I've seen her on something before.
    Her name is Naya Rivera. The most prominent things that imdb shows her having a reoccuring role in are The Royal Family, Family Matters, and The Bernie Mac show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3730666;
    Her name is Naya Rivera. The most prominent things that imdb shows her having a reoccuring role in are The Royal Family, Family Matters, and The Bernie Mac show.
    Thanks!

Those aren't shows I've watched. Maybe it will come to me later.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Bust a Move, The Thong Song and Sweet Caroline all in the first 20 minutes. If possible, I officially love this show even more.....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3733479;
    Bust a Move, The Thong Song and Sweet Caroline all in the first 20 minutes. If possible, I officially love this show even more.....
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing!! Tonight might be the perfect episode, at least song-wise.

According to TVGuide, no new episodes for the next two week. Game 1 of the World Series is listed for next week and a rerun is listed for 11/4. They better give us those new episodes on 11/11! It's November sweeps for goodness sakes! They need to keep on a roll so we don't run the risk of losing Glee! I don't know if taking it away is even an issue but that always seems to happen to new shows I get into... especially new shows on the dreaded Wednesday night! Thank goodness it's not in the 10/9 slot on abc then it'd be doomed for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3733520;
    According to TVGuide, no new episodes for the next two week. Game 1 of the World Series is listed for next week and a rerun is listed for 11/4. They better give us those new episodes on 11/11! It's November sweeps for goodness sakes! They need to keep on a roll so we don't run the risk of losing Glee! I don't know if taking it away is even an issue but that always seems to happen to new shows I get into... especially new shows on the dreaded Wednesday night! Thank goodness it's not in the 10/9 slot on abc then it'd be doomed for sure!
    A lot of shows take a hiatus around Thanksgiving. This one is a bit early, but I don't think we are in danger. It's not a long hiatus and the following is a loyal group.

Just read on a gossip site that Madonna has given Fox the rights to all of her music for Glee! Woohoo!
    Last edited by JavaJo; 10-21-2009 at 11:15 PM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3733532;
    A lot of shows take a hiatus around Thanksgiving. This one is a bit early, but I don't think we are in danger. It's not a long hiatus and the following is a loyal group.

Just read on a gossip site that Madonna has given Fox the rights to all of her music for Glee! Woohoo!
    Also, some shows take a little break right before November sweeps, which is quickly approaching. I would seriously doubt if this show was in danger, it's very popular, everyone I know watches it.

+ Reply to Thread