+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Interesting episode tonight- still on the fence as to what I thought of it. I didn't see the domestic violence angle coming and although I appreciated the fact that a lot of young woman watch this and it was a good 'public service announcement', I felt they rushed it a bit and felt it came out of nowhere. I also understand they chose Bieste because no one would suspect it happening to someone as strong as her, but on the other hand we don't know much about Cooter and it may have served their purpose better if they had chosen one of the Glee kid couples as the subjects of the story arc. Like I said- not sure....

I also felt the whole episode was a bit of a downer. There aren't many left until the finale/graduation and I would much prefer to have happier episodes and not 'afterschool special' episodes, but that's just me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well....Rachel froze?? I guess it happens, but I didn't detect any ambivalence in her about the move to NYC, etc.--she had all her ducks in a row as it were--Kurt and Finn both going. She's never shown the slightest sign of stage fright before under pressure. So now what for her? Surely she isn't going to stay in Lima? What will Finn do if she doesn't go to NYC?
    As for our pool cleaner....so that F means he will be around next season? Trying to graduate? Half a season, taking one class? Doing a GED?
    And did Beiste never move out to her sister's---she lied? No wonder she was tearing up during the last song. I was sorry she was the abused one...her I'm afraid no one else will ever love me, given her looks and probable dating history was too sad. Kind of implies a Quinn wouldn't take it.

Please let Rachel graduate, get accepted in some school somewhere, and go the heck away.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I haven't been watching episodes of this show for awhile. Just passing through. The Bieste line broke my heart tonight and I would have much rather have watched an entire show about that and Sue's interaction with her etc. than any of the rest of what they showed.

I'm kind of emotionally checked out of the show. All the characters are getting old to me to some degree. And I did get some sort of sick pleasure out of watching Rachel choke on stage.
    Ellen and Uncle David like this.

FORT Fogey

I thought coach B did a wonderful job with her story line. The subtlety of her emotion and acting was better than we get with most of the people on GLEE. I am hoping that we get a magic turn around and all goes well because I am hoping to get rid of Rachel so we can get another power singer on the show and if Rachel stays then Finn does too. That story line of her freezing does not make sense, not know R. as we do. I have been tired of the one-dimensional, mohawked Puck for some time now and I don't want him to stay either.

Yah Kurt....his performance was fabulous!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think Rachel did what she accused Kurt of doing--she sabotaged herself. Maybe she's ambivalent about something (marrrying Finn? moving to New York? separating from her Glee club friends?) or she'd rather remain a big fish in a small pond than possibly become bait in a bigger pond with big city sharks.

I thought it was sucky to show Puck working so hard at the end to study for his test and then failing anyway. I thought for sure they would cut back and show that he got someone else's paper by mistake and he really did pass.

Also, I thought when Rachel was doing her sad song onstage, I thought Whoopi would pop in from backstage after overhearing her performance and tell her she'[d chosen to accept her after all.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm on the fence about this episode. Rachel freezing up at the most important audition of her life? She never cracked under the pressure before and LOVES to be in the spotlight. Kurt changing his song right as he's on stage auditioning.

The only storyline I liked was Coach B's. You would never think someone like her would let the abuse happen. Touched my heart when she teared up. I can't believe she left her sister's and went back to him. I don't think we have seen the end of that storyline.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I thought it was sucky to show Puck working so hard at the end to study for his test and then failing anyway. I thought for sure they would cut back and show that he got someone else's paper by mistake and he really did pass.
    As I said I want him gone, but come on , how could he pass the test??? He drew his guitar for most of the test and then magically had the two questions that were from the songs he sang with his pals.,,.....otherwise, he didn't know much and he didn't try very hard.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I love Dot Jones. She had me in tears last night but I HATE how she went back. I don't know what the statistics are for women who stay in that kind of abusive relationship but I'd hoped she'd really left him.

I love, love My Fair Lady and the boys singing 'The Rain in Spain' was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

It's really nice to have old Sue back. I'm glad she's not as evil mean as she was in the beginning of the season...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Loved the Coach B story line last night.....and the fact that she went back to Cooter. Not because that makes me happy, but because it's probably one of the most realistic things they've done on Glee. To have the kids sing one song and Beist fesses' up and leaves him would have done a huge disservice to the many women (and men) who are in abusive relationships. As a former social worker, I can tell you statistically it takes seven times for a woman to leave before she actually stays gone. And Beist's feelings of insecurity are all too common...even among some of the "Quinn's" out there. I hope they continue the story line. One, because it's a wothwhile one, and two because I'm all for anything that gives Dot Jones more airtime
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread