+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

I didn't watch the Glee Project so this is the first time I'm really getting a good look at JOe (not just as dancer to aid someone else).... I'm sure on the GP it was commented on, but to me all he needs is some blue face paint and he could come out of Avatar. Very unusual face, but oddly appealing.

I've missed a lot of shows this season due to travel and no time to catch up. So is Quinn supposed to be permanently paralyzed from the accident or not? Is she not going to Yale now? Thanks!

ETA...OK, read back a little further and see Quinn has a compressed spinal cord that should be fine... I'm surprised they don't show her getting more support from Artie--unless that was in in an episode I missed. I forget why Artie is in a wheel chair... disease or accident or born that way? Wondering if he also has a before/after memory.

So Sue's baby had Down's Syndrome? But she's going ahead with the pregnancy I'm guessing?

That Will would even consider an outdoor wedding for his bride really showed he wasn't really thinking about the marriage but about having the Glee kids sing.

Note the wedding will be in Nov.--sweeps period--when they can bring back all the old stars who graduated to sing.

I wonder if anyone has mentioned to Joe that Quinn had a baby out of wedlock, so clearly not a virgin who has successfully wrestled with temptation....
    Last edited by PWS; 04-25-2012 at 08:17 PM.

So, Shue wants to schedule his wedding around his students' (soon to be former students) schedules. That's just plain creepy.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We had a teacher that was our class sponsor for two years and did the same thing for our class. it meant a lot to us that he planned things that way for us and when I organized our class reunion, with him in attendance, the turn out and comments would suggest that it meant more to us than he could have ever know.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm in the minority b/c I loved this episode. Loved the discussion between Kurt and Burt. Brought tears to my eyes. The songs were great and I love how Emma was right about them morning Whitney was b/c of the stuff going on in their lives. As soon as Kurt started texting that kid, I knew it was going to be trouble. I'm glad that he and Blaine made up.
    This is my first post here because I am still finding my way around the FORT. If you are in the minority then count me in. I just like Glee. I love all the singing and dancing by all of them. I am going to miss all the seniors since I have watched faithfully since the very first episode. It seems like so many will be leaving, but not as many new ones have come in. I watched the Glee Project and really enjoyed that as well. It was great to see what they actually look for in each contestant. I liked Joe from the beginning, although all of them were talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    So, Shue wants to schedule his wedding around his students' (soon to be former students) schedules. That's just plain creepy.
    Maybe creepy isn't the right word, but just kind of "too attached" from a professional standpoint. Maybe it works for some, but speaking as one who used to be a classroom teacher, life can get unbalanced if there's not enough of a separation between work and home.
    Then again, this is "Glee"...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

My daughters teacher just got married (Friday the 13th) and invited the whole class. I didn't find that odd, or even creepy in the least. I thought it was touching.. teachers DO get emotionally involved and invested in their kids.. sometimes they spend more time with them than their parents given classes, sports, activities, etc. Just as teachers make a difference in their students lives, the reverse is often just as true.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

My first grade teacher named her daughter after me. I was in her very first class when she became a teacher and I guess I was her favorite Sometimes, teachers do become attached to their students beyond just a teacher/student relationship. One of my biggest regrets is losing touch with her.

I LOVE finally seeing Samuel on the show! And not just at the Celibacy Club meetings (or whatever group it is now). I thought he should have been THE winner of TGP. What I liked about him was the contradiction. He looks like a rock star, but he was religious and seemed quite shy and sweet. I loved his flustered reaction when Marissa spontaneously kissed him in their video and found him so charming. I hope we'll see more of him next season!
    Last edited by Critical; 04-29-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Smash! The show Glee should be.
    PA Snow Bunny and JavaJo like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post

Yea...I am kinda over Glee.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Glee is not what it once was, but since I don't like Smash, I don't wish it was that either.

I'd just settle for what we were originally promised!

+ Reply to Thread