+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I agree about Quinn- she has sort-of been in the background lately and the whole "texting while driving PSA" would be a good one for anyone, but especially teenagers. I would imagine part of the storyline will be Rachel's guilt for doing the texting when she knew Quinn was driving- I see a big emotional breakdown in her future. I haven't heard any rumors one way or the other about the actress leaving the show, but if they are sending her off to Yale after this season than her time on the show would be limited anyway. Of course, she could make it through the accident and have permanant damage like paralysis or brain trauma. I'd be surpised if they would start a storyline like that this close to the season end, but you never know. I guess we can do nothing but wait and see!

FORT Fogey

I had read earlier that the remaining shows will be very dark.We certainly saw that start of that last night

DearGlee,
    That is not why I watch you. I used to enjoy watching for the humor and music and enjoying it with my children. I have to break up with you now, your preaching to me and my family is not good for us and your songs are not even soul stirring anymore.
    TC
    ps let Tina have a song.
    Uncle David likes this.

Boo hiss! The ending was too much like the wedding/car accident cliffhanger years ago on One Tree Hill.

BTW, Twochicklets, I totally agree that they need to give Tina a song. When I saw the live Glee performance in Vegas last May, she was a total standout - she really does have some pipes. I don't know why that doesn't come across in the TV show.

Unless
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Quinn is a ghost, she will definitely survive. There were several, now deleted, tweets from costars about filming with her, etc

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets View Post
    DearGlee,
    That is not why I watch you. I used to enjoy watching for the humor and music and enjoying it with my children. I have to break up with you now, your preaching to me and my family is not good for us and your songs are not even soul stirring anymore.
    TC
    ps let Tina have a song.
    Do you mean "preaching" about not texting and driving or about gay rights? Either way, I don't think those are bad things to be "preaching" about. The target audience for this show is young people and they should be getting messages about not texting while driving AND about tolerance for all people.

I don't think they'll really kill Quinn. This show is a little too sweet for that. It'll either be that she survives a bad scare OR it didn't even happen, i.e. fantasy sequence. Quinn's never been a favorite of mine - she's not one of the better singers and her personality doesn't stand out. I wouldn't be sad if they did kill her off, but I doubt they would really do it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked Glee more that first season which wasn't all fun and joking. They actually took on some real life issues. My understanding is that this wasn't supposed to be your good old fashioned warm fuzzy watch with your family show anyhow.

The odd parts of this show I have enjoyed since that season have been the more "preachy" episodes and watching them taking some harder issues.

FORT Fogey

Saw that the GLEE PROJECT is currently filming , to be aired this summer. There is talk that there will be a potential contestant with Downs

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... Indeed good PSA.
    And are they going to put off the wedding and lose their spot waiting for her? Is she going to text from the ambulance and they all rush to the hospital? Somehow I think this means the wedding is off.
    I liked the scenes with Karolfsky very much....you just are unused to seeing someone who looks like such an oaf do such heart wrenching work.

FORT Fanatic

Sounds to me like Ryan Murphy is trying to bring a little "American Horror Story" drama to Glee. Stop it!!!!
    combatcutie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread