+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I was so glad to finally see Samuel. He did a great job and I love his voice. It will be fun to see how they fit him into the mix. I wonder if he will join the Glee club.
    Katydyd likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to say that Mercedes did a MUCH better job with the song than Jennifer Hudson did on the Grammys IMO. I have never liked Jennifer Hudson, so that may play a role in it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Loved all the music last night. The Karofsky story line was very well done..they seem to be trying to redeem him. I am guessing he is in college now, so he could have a recurring role in the show. Blaine's song was great even though I am not usually a fan. I guess he did very well on Broadway holding the fort on HTSIBWRT between Radcliffe and one of the JonasBrothers. Mercedes was great.

I really loved seeing Rachels 2 fathers although I hATE that story line. Not sure I am going to love the Samuel role....seems stereotypical. They didn't do much with Damien....Oh I missed what he said before his song. Are they writing him out by not getting his student visa extended? I liked the cute Sugar, Artie, Damien relationship.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Sorry, I was introduced to the song through Whitney and don't listen to country music, so I had no idea. Simple mistake.
    Seriously i think Whitney made that song popular and international. Dolly's version is good but not all that. When people hear that song, they think Whitney. Sometimes the sequel is better than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Critical, I'm with you...I didn't miss Blaine. It's gone from the Rachel and Finn show to the Blaine and Santana show. Can't they find a happy medium?
    Can I join your Team Didn't Miss Blaine?
    2boysmom and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    Seriously i think Whitney made that song popular and international. Dolly's version is good but not all that. When people hear that song, they think Whitney. Sometimes the sequel is better than the original.
    Sorry, I completely disagree that Whitney's version is better. I'm older than you are so no, I don't think of Whitney. I think of Dolly and hers is the version I prefer. It's actually bittersweet and not a bunch of vocal acrobatics.

I like Darren Criss, but he tends to mug and overact. He's just too cheesy....and that's saying a lot on this show. I'd prefer seeing other members of the group get the solos. Now that they've dropped the whole "Mike can't sing" thing, they've got another strong male lead.
    Ellen, FireWoman, Rattus and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Not sure I am going to love the Samuel role....seems stereotypical. They didn't do much with Damien....Oh I missed what he said before his song. Are they writing him out by not getting his student visa extended? I liked the cute Sugar, Artie, Damien relationship.
    I liked Samuel quite a bit last night, I thought he fit in better from his first scene...and that's coming from a Damien fan. I just don't think Damien's acting chops are quite there yet. But, I do think there was something up with the way he glossed over Sugar talking about how she was going to miss him, or her father buying Ireland, or whatever When they were dancing, I got a feeling that just maybe he made the whole thing up about his visa so Sugar would pick him for her date

As for Sam, I found his character refreshing and not stereotypical at all. I'm not a Christian conservative by a long shot (Ok, by a really long shot ), but I went to Catholic school for 10 years. I liked that he portayed a very religious character who actually seems to get what Christianity is supposed to be all about: acceptance and loving our fellow man. The easy way would have been for him to refuse to sing the song for Brittany and Santana based on his "religious principles." I'm really glad they didn't go there. I think Christianity gets a bad rep from all the so called "Christians" running around spewing hatred for anyone who doesn't conform to their own ideology. I think it will be nice to see a good looking (yeah, I went there!), "regular guy," who realizes love is love....and also happens to be an active Christian. At least I hope that's where they go with him.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I thought it was hilarious that they nicknamed Samuel "Teen Jesus!" I thought he did a good job, and I'll look forward to seeing how his role develops. Did you all notice that Quinn grabbed his hand to come and dance with her at the Sugar Shack during Blaine's number. I wonder if they're going to do some sort of romance between those two, even if he is a "younger man."
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I'll bet Quinn won't be alone in her lusting after Samuel and I'll also bet that he won't be interested.

I always thought he was adorable on The Glee Project. I loved that moment when Marissa kissed him at the end of their video. The look on his face was priceless! I agree that he seems to blend in with the cast better than Damian does. I really like Damian, but he needs to get himself to acting class and do some work. Samuel just seems very natural on camera. Plus, I have a weakness for men with dreadlocks
    Katydyd and inthegarden like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    The Karofsky story line was very well done..they seem to be trying to redeem him. I am guessing he is in college now, so he could have a recurring role in the show.
    I haven't seen the episode yet; but, earlier this season, they mentioned that Karofsky transferred. So, I think he's a senior in high school but just at a different school. It was the episode where Kurt and Blaine go out to the gay bar and Karofsky is at the bar. Kurt asks him how he likes his new school and Karofsky says something about it's okay and he's just trying to get through the year or something.

+ Reply to Thread