+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Glee

I wonder if the song was already in the episode and all they did was add the screenshot at the end? They'd been singing a bunch of love songs to begin with and I'd think licensing waivers would take a while... In any case, Mercedes did a great job, though I did get the chills when I heard the first few notes and thought they're not going to sing this... I loved Whitney but hearing her music right now just brings up my disappointment at what she threw away. Hopefully, every single one of those Glee kids realizes what the ugly side of show business can do...

Nice to see Samuel from the Glee Project on the show. So Ryan got his Christian character after all...and, like Lindsey and Damien, he said he's a Soph.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Newbie

It was all over the internet that Mercedes performed prior to Whitney's death. They've been airing interviews with Amber cause she got to speak to Whitney when she got permission to use the song. Producers decided yesterday to add the note at the end.

Disappointed that they waited til over half the season to introduce Samuel and he's a transfer student?!? I don't get what took so long.

Tonight's episode was AMAZING! To have Mercedes singing "I Will Always Love You" just days after Whitney's death was incredible. I wondered too if they had just put it in this week's show as a tribute, but they had filmed it months ago. I loved it! Also loved the new guy.
    Dicechick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badora View Post
    It was all over the internet that Mercedes performed prior to Whitney's death. They've been airing interviews with Amber cause she got to speak to Whitney when she got permission to use the song. Producers decided yesterday to add the note at the end.

Disappointed that they waited til over half the season to introduce Samuel and he's a transfer student?!? I don't get what took so long.
    Why would they need to get permission from Whitney? It's Dolly's song.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was wondering that myself; I'd be surprized if Dolly had given up the rights.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

No, she hasn't. I just read an article on HuffPo about how much money Dolly will be raking in because of how much more radio airtime that song will be getting. It's about 8 cents for each time it's played.

I liked the show, although really, am I the only one who didn't miss Blaine? I was much more excited to see Karofsky!

Great to FINALLY have Samuel show up. It's funny that his character is really similar to what they discussed on The Glee Project. Although I like Damian, I thought Samuel should have won on his own.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really liked Damian on the Glee Project and was happy he won, however I don't think he is fitting very well on the show. I don't know if it's because they haven't really given him anything to do but sing back-up for weeks now and until tonight I don't think he has had a speaking part at all aside from his debut. I was also mentioning to a friend that Sugar has now been on the show since the Trebletones and she had also not had a speaking part aside from her Trebletone audition and then BAM tonight both Sugar and Rory (Damian) get to talk. I'm thinking that if half the cast is graduating this year then they really need to start working up a storyline for some of the background characters mighty quickly. The episode was just okay for me. I think Amber did a really great job with her Whitney number and I liked Love Shack, but other than that it seemed like there should have been a zillion other "Greatest Love Songs of All Time" that could have been showcased. I was also surprised we didn't see Emma at all. I would think her first V-Day with Will would have been a big deal after the proposal 2 weeks ago- maybe even just a quick shot of him bringing her flowers (or Purell) or something.

Critical, I'm with you...I didn't miss Blaine. It's gone from the Rachel and Finn show to the Blaine and Santana show. Can't they find a happy medium?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Well, hello there Glee! Welcome back! I've missed you.
    Katydyd likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sorry, I was introduced to the song through Whitney and don't listen to country music, so I had no idea. Simple mistake.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread