+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Glee

OMG, Ricky Martin is on!!! I have loved him since we were kids and he was in Menudo. Pick me up off the floor - he IS sexy - gay or straight.
    MiaT2, AmyKay, Katydyd and 2 others like this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I noticed in the previews that when Sue announced to Roz she was going to have a baby she said "with whose Hello Kitty?", but they obviously PG13'd it for the previews, because during the actual airing she said "with whose vagina?". Couldn't they just plug the show with some other clip? No biggie...just weird!

Regarding Ricky Martin: Muy Caliente!!! Wow. I'm generally not a fan of the stunt casting, but if there has to be some, at least I must say thank you for the eye candy for an hour. Yummy.

I think they should have left the Hello Kitty in there. It was funnier.
    Ellen, FireWoman, justCoz and 1 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Could Ricky have looked any better? My goodness! I was still kind of young when he came out, so I never really was hot for him back then, but he has aged so well - I couldn't believe it when I read he was 40. I hope he at least sticks around for a few more episodes.

CCL

Shouldn't the Spanish teacher know how to speak and read Spanish? And now he's just going to switch and teach History even thought he doesn't seem to have a high level of proficiency in that subject either? I'm not a teacher but I thought high school teachers usually focused/studied one main subject and a secondary subject. What the heck did Will learn in teacher's college?

I'm not really a Santana fan per se but it becomes more and more obvious to me that Naya Rivera (sp?) is a star.

Loved Kurt's speech to Finn.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Shouldn't the Spanish teacher know how to speak and read Spanish? And now he's just going to switch and teach History even thought he doesn't seem to have a high level of proficiency in that subject either? I'm not a teacher but I thought high school teachers usually focused/studied one main subject and a secondary subject. What the heck did Will learn in teacher's college?
    This aspect of the show really disturbed me -- but maybe it's just the satire?

Anyway, my degree is in teaching secondary-level (middle- and high school) French and German. I had to pass a very rigorous proficiency exam -- reading, writing, speaking, listening -- in each language in order to receive my teaching certificate (which was in addition to the requirements for my degree).

Maybe Ohio's requirements are different.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    Could Ricky have looked any better? My goodness! I was still kind of young when he came out, so I never really was hot for him back then, but he has aged so well - I couldn't believe it when I read he was 40. I hope he at least sticks around for a few more episodes.
    Yes, I don't see how they can have RM supposedly teaching in the same school and never show up in the break room. Oh, those hips---it's like he's got a snake for a spinal column.

Yay for Beiste in bringing Emma's abilities to Will's clueless attention (although I did think she was being a little insensitive picking that moment to try to get Will to focus on her pamphlets his remarks were really bad), and yay for Emma getting tenure and Will not being all upset about it.

I've always found Will's being the Spanish teacher just weird...he seems like he had a semester of high school Spanish. Surely if you are teaching it for several years you'd at least pick up some vocabulary! And now he does history because he likes the History Channel (hopefully back when it actually did history)? I was glad Santana reamed him out.

Ohio must have some very weird laws about who can teach what. Here you need to have majored in your subject, and usually taken very specific courses to be certified, and to get tenure you need a Master's degree, although it doesn't have to be in your field. That's assuming there's any reality to this at all! Maybe some FORT members from Ohio can enlighten us!

And I also liked Kurt's talk to Finn. I guess they are saving the big Mercedes and "trouty mouth" reunion for Valentine's week? Actually her football player boyfriend seems like a nice enough guy, so that makes the "choice" more realistically difficult. Sorry my Spanish wasn't good enough to pick up all they were singing to each other the week they couldn't talk.

Will teaching Spanish is just another in a long, long line of nonsensical realities in Glee. This show requires a suspension of disbelief far beyond what is bearable.

CCL - I completely agree about Naya Rivera. She really has star quality, and she is being given very meaty story lines.
    cantstopwatchin and JavaJo like this.

Considering this show is just that...a fictional show, I'm not too worried about his qualifications as a teacher. I mean, I watched Lost, Alf, Mork and Mindy, Terra Nova, etc...and enjoyed the hell out of them. Even though none of those stories could honestly happen. Nor would a teacher like Sue have a job, kids wouldn't get slushies thrown on them daily without punishment and kids don't generally walk down the halls of high school singing to each other...it's all satirical. None of it's meant to be taken seriously.
    Katydyd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh, I'm hoping Ricky comes back; he added some much-needed spice to the show! Watching La Isla Bonita (again), I thought - he'd make a great Dancing with the Stars contestant...except he's way too big for the show....but I sure would love to watch him swing those hips on it!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread