+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 274 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Lol, other than the musical numbers, Jane Lynch is the best thing about this show . It's so great to see her in a show that is doing well!

I had no idea who Kristin Chenoweth (who by the way looks amazing for being in her 40's) was so did some research on her. I like that this show keeps bringing in Broadway performers, it gives validity to the whole musical thing.

That being said, I'm probably in the minority here but I did NOT like her voice at all. It's too overdone for my tastes and sort of nasally. I don't agree that she blew Lea Michele (Rachel) out of the water although I did enjoy the juxtaposition between the older, boozy, raspy voice and the younger, purer voice. I wish they had spent more time showing that number than some of the others they did with her.

I really like "Rachel's" voice, yes, she is belting and that is annoying. However, it's the role that she was cast in. The young kid who is too full of herself and needs to be knocked down a lot to finally figure things out.

The Sue character is so outrageous, she is definitely one of my favorites.

The pregnancy stories are getting on my nerves and need to go away. Also, Finn? So not a catch. He doesn't know you can burrow books? Evidently has no clue how you get somebody pregnant. He's an idiot and both those girls are too smart for him.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Not sure if anyone else has seen it, but there is a preview of the guys singing up online. Link here: y-life/

mods feel free to remove if not allowed.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

LOVED the guys singing the mash up of It's My Life/Confession!!! Loved it!!!
    I could watch that 20 times over and still not have had enough.
    Awesome.
    (Got to give props to Kurt - even though his role was small he looked awesome in this scene...)

FORT Fogey

I felt more than a little uneasy about how the students were shown being so productive while high on pseudo-ephedrin.

The disclaimer came way too late in the show IMO.

Just not comfortable with that whole story idea at all....

Any other reactions to it?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3721724;
    I felt more than a little uneasy about how the students were shown being so productive while high on pseudo-ephedrin.

The disclaimer came way too late in the show IMO.

Just not comfortable with that whole story idea at all....

Any other reactions to it?
    My reaction was kind of disbelief. I have really bad allergies and have been on all sorts of meds with pseudoephedrin in them and I never get that up beat and "high", if you will. Actually I don't remember being "high" at all from them.

I think they were trying to point out that just because it's an over-the-counter medicine, doesn't mean that it's safe; but, it could have been put stronger.

That being said, I was so mad with Terry last night for doing that to the kids. I'm not sure she should be allowed to have kids.

Terry is horrible. I love the actress but her character is retched.

I've never gotten high on allergy medicine before...lol. Always makes me want to sleep.

I think we should add our favorite show quotes every week. There are some serious zingers. My fave from last night was, of course, said by Sue...

"Unless you wanna lose your man to a mentally ill ginger pigmy with eyes like a bush baby"
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

jmb

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3721729;
    Terry is horrible. I love the actress but her character is retched.

I think we should add our favorite show quotes every week. There are some serious zingers. My fave from last night was, of course, said by Sue...

"Unless you wanna lose your man to a mentally ill ginger pigmy with eyes like a bush baby"
    I agree Teri/Terry is AWFUL. I just want her to get kicked off the show.
    I really can't stand the fake pregnancy plot line or her character.
    And yes, Sue's bush baby comment was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3721729;
    Best line of the episode!

I thought Terri as a drug pusher was hilarious! She has no social boundaries or common sense about anything. This show is a satire, not an afterschool special. They play this stuff for laughs, not as a public service announcement. There was a message throughout that this stuff - even though it is over the counter - isn't good for you. They just didn't whack you over the head with it.

One of the things I love about this show (and what I loved about Popular as well) is that it isn't high school: it's a heightened and bizarre version of high school.

The guys' song was, imho, WAY better than the girls. The girls just looked like they were hopped up on speed, while only Finn really looked amped. He may be cute and have a decent singing voice, but that boy has NO rhythm! I can see why they girls like him even though he's dumb as a box of hair.

I'm finding it difficult to be sympathetic to Terri, although I love Jessalyn Gillsig. They need to show us that she actually has feelings for Will beyond just being territorial about him. She doesn't want Emma around him, but she doesn't seem to love him at all.

I've developed a little crush on Puck, which is probably appropriate, since he likes older women!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

jmb

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3721791;
    it isn't high school: it's a heightened and bizarre version of high school.
    You are quite right. This show is very exaggerated in it's portrayal of high school/life. It's kind of weird to watch. One minute you think you're watching a regular show about high school, and the next minute something very strange happens: Finn has a flash back to hitting the postman, the cheerleader coach says something VERY un-politically correct or someone throws a slushie in someone's face, and it reminds you that this is NOT supposed to be real. It's kind of like a caracature of high school.

+ Reply to Thread