Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Can Nene Leakes even sing???
    I hate to admit, the "Hello Kitty" comment was funny
    AmyKay and JavaJo like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

They made a huge mistake casting Artie. The kid that plays him should be on his feet. His dancing is terrific.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was really looking forwad to the MJ episode (child of the 80's here!), but I hate to admit I didn't love it. It was another one of the "let's write an episode around the songs" instead of "lets incorporate songs into the episode". I'm not quite sure, but there was something lacking. I did like that Artie got to get up and dance, but I'm not sure I had ever heard that MJ song before, nor was I a big fan after I heard it tonight. Can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe coming off the Emma/Will proposal episode (which I LOVED), this one just seemed kind of meh.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was really looking forwad to the MJ episode (child of the 80's here!), but I hate to admit I didn't love it. It was another one of the "let's write an episode around the songs" instead of "lets incorporate songs into the episode". I'm not quite sure, but there was something lacking. I did like that Artie got to get up and dance, but I'm not sure I had ever heard that MJ song before, nor was I a big fan after I heard it tonight. Can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe coming off the Emma/Will proposal episode (which I LOVED), this one just seemed kind of meh.
    He sang it with his sister Janet in the 90's I believe. The original was actually pretty good (coming from a non-Michael fan here) but I found this remake of it fell flat. I actually found most of the songs were just lacking something. Spent a lot of time flipping back and forth so I didn't really catch the story line. I was more interested in how they were going to perform the songs.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was so looking forward to this episode and it fell flat for me. I really like a lot of MJ songs, but this episode just didn't do them justice. I wish they would go back to writing stories surrounded by songs. This season has just been hit and miss for me.
    Uncle David likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    ... I found this remake of it fell flat. I actually found most of the songs were just lacking something...
    Michael Jackson
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I am a HUGE MJ fan and I, for one, loved it. I was crying and laughing all thru the episode. When I heard it was all MJ songs, and a lot of them, I kinda figured the story wouldnt move forward TOO much. Hopefully next week we'll get back to the great stuff.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

my problem was they use the meh michael jackson songs... where's Billy Jean? Thriller? Beat It? PYT? etc. Those are iconic MJ songs.
    combatcutie and Uncle David like this.

they have already done some MJ songs, such as PYT and Thriller (tho it was in a mash up) so thats why they didnt do them again.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    they have already done some MJ songs, such as PYT and Thriller (tho it was in a mash up) so thats why they didnt do them again.
    Yup...and the Thriller/Heads Will Roll mash up on the football field is possibly my favorite performance of the entire series. I absolutely loved, loved, loved it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread