+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Only problem with that is Kent State isn't anywhere near Lima. I'm about an hour from Lima and Kent State (my neighbors daughter goes there) is about a 5 hour drive from me, so it's at least a 4 hour drive from Lima.
    Maybe they'll invent some community college with a "not well-known, yet up-and coming" theater department that just signed on some reluctant, yet prestigeous, artist-in-residence for community service for DUI or whatever. Economically it would make sense, as Community's set is sitting dormant on Paramount's lot — and Glee is shot at Paramount as well.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

CCL

Well, really, after they graduate how much interaction are Rachel and co going to be having with the younger ones? They're not going to be in the high school scenes; are they going to be hanging around Breadsticks waiting for Blaine etc to show up so they can do some singing? No, they're going to be off at college, and what does it matter if that college is local or not? Unless they're going to somehow still be on McKinley's glee team and show up for daily practice.

And hush about Community's set. They're going to be using that when NBC comes to it's senses.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Only problem with that is Kent State isn't anywhere near Lima. I'm about an hour from Lima and Kent State (my neighbors daughter goes there) is about a 5 hour drive from me, so it's at least a 4 hour drive from Lima.
    Kent is about Three hours from Lima and close enough to a "big city" to feel like they went somewhere.. But as far as I've seen they haven't been really geographically correct in relation to Ohio sights or landmarks or cites. I can't see Rachel settling for KSU however, maybe BW.. Or the like. But no way on Kent. Lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    ...But no way on Kent. Lol
    [sarcasm] What??!!! And miss the opportunity to do a catchy tap-dance extravaganza to Neil Young's "Ohio"?
    (...and folks say there's no way they can top "Do They Know It's Christmas?...) [/sarcasm]
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

LOL Ellen, i so love that song too.. one of my CSN&Y faves.
    Ellen likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Helen Mirren and NeNe Leakes in the same episode clearly did not signal the apocolypse - go figure
    For me, this recent episode seemed to be redemptive for a show that was on a rapid decline. However, the casting of NeNe Leakes may ultimately prove to be the moment Glee 'jumped the shark'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I didn't see the need for NeNe Leakes on the show. Didn't add anything. Wasn't like here part made or broke the story. It was about Sam joining the team - could have had anyone being the coach and still would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Kent is about Three hours from Lima and close enough to a "big city" to feel like they went somewhere.. But as far as I've seen they haven't been really geographically correct in relation to Ohio sights or landmarks or cites. I can't see Rachel settling for KSU however, maybe BW.. Or the like. But no way on Kent. Lol
    True about the geography. Also, don't know if this has been mentioned before but...
    The Warblers are supposedly from a school in Westerville. Westerville is a suburb of Columbus. Columbus is in Central Ohio. Lima is up north. Logistically, the meet ups that happen at the coffee shop would take hours of driving. Another picky thing, it's Ohio people, it gets cold here. Stop with the sun dresses and short sleeves in December and January.
    FireWoman likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Can Nene Leakes even sing???
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Can Nene Leakes even sing???
    Can I cross my fingers and hope we don't ever have to find out?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread