+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

OK. Am I the only one who found Finn's proposal to be REALLY SCARY?

"I want you to marry me, because I feel like a big fat loser, and only you can save me." Really? Not that plenty of codependent girls haven't fallen for that line, but....
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post

"I want you to marry me, because I feel like a big fat loser, and only you can save me." Really? Not that plenty of codependent girls haven't fallen for that line, but....
    Another episode I didn't watch all the way through I saw this and found weird and uncomfortable too.

FORT Fogey

And R. isn't the most secure so this might all play out as was mentioned in the spoiler. The only thing worse is that if she gets pregnant and that dooms her to a life in OH. Not having had a mother she might not want to do that to some other child.

OHG I am getting myself depressed thinking about the potential for gloom,.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post

I can see that.
    Someone elsewhere was mentioning that Ryan Murphy had proposed, when he was doing Popular, going forward a few years in the third season (they never had a 3rd season in the end) and suggested he might do that for Glee. But I don't know how that would work in terms of the people who were juniors. I thought he made them juniors so he could have another year with them. What I'm thinking he will do is have a split focus to the show - Rachel, Kurt, possibly Finn in New York and the others back in Ohio.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    What I'm thinking he will do is have a split focus to the show - Rachel, Kurt, possibly Finn in New York and the others back in Ohio.
    I was thinking this might be the direction it goes also.

FORT Fogey

I don't see that at all. I heard spin off at one point but that appears to have been set aside.....but a split focus.?..no.

CCL

So you think they'll stay in Ohio? That would be against Rachel's whole character and I hope they're not considering that as an option. Even if she doesn't get into the vaunted-and fake -NYADA I still see her leaving town to pursue her dreams. If all of a sudden Lima has a spectacular university with a famed music studies program...well, I'll call foul.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    So you think they'll stay in Ohio? That would be against Rachel's whole character and I hope they're not considering that as an option. Even if she doesn't get into the vaunted-and fake -NYADA I still see her leaving town to pursue her dreams. If all of a sudden Lima has a spectacular university with a famed music studies program...well, I'll call foul.
    Maybe since they're finally casting her dads, that will play into why she stays If she doesn't get into NYADA - and it looks like they set up a plausible reason why she won't - she may have to stay at a local school for the time being due to finances. If they can get another 2-4 years out of having these characters in a junior college or nearby university (or whatever), it at least keeps them on the show. If Rachel was finally "discovered" by a producer who "just happens" to see her in some local production and it leads to a role on Broadway, it would be a fun way to wrap up her storyline
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    ...they can get another 2-4 years out of having these characters in a junior college or nearby university (or whatever)...
    Kent State University has a better-than-okay theater department. However, I wouldn't cry if Rachael and her tonsils appeared "NADA" on my screen.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Kent State University has a better-than-okay theater department. However, I wouldn't cry if Rachael and her tonsils appeared "NADA" on my screen.
    Only problem with that is Kent State isn't anywhere near Lima. I'm about an hour from Lima and Kent State (my neighbors daughter goes there) is about a 5 hour drive from me, so it's at least a 4 hour drive from Lima.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread