+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Best episode in a really long time! I agree with all your comments! I loved this one! Helen Mirren and NeNe Leakes in the same episode clearly did not signal the apocolypse - go figure I too absolutely loved Helen as Becky's voice. And oh boy, when she walked away after Artie turned her down and was thinking she didn't ask what she really wanted to because she already knew the answer... Loved the music, loved the stories, loved that Emma said yes and hated her parents. Ugh! I had forgotten how horrible they are. And I'm seeing a trend of the old Sue returning. This is not the first in recent episodes where she has been back in prime form...plenty snarky but not over the top outrageous, and still able to show just enough of a softer side. I know the last season of shows have been really hit or miss, but if the "old Sue" is really back and here to stay, that will go a long way in improving overall quality I think. Fingers crossed
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Katydyd, I agree with you regarding Sue. They are writing her character perfectly right now and I hope they continue. THIS is the Sue I love best....bitchy but still with a sliver of a heart.

The actual proposal was cheezy but I have to say, the moment she took his hand and stepped into the hall was so beautiful. Especially when Sue handed her the rose. I think that might have been my favorite moment of the night, although there were many that I loved.

I have Get Down's Syndrome...

Just read a spoiler about who has been cast to play Rachel's dads. I'm so excited!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jeff Goldblum and Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell
    Last edited by JavaJo; 01-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CCL

I like the first one, don't know the second one. I was hoping for Hugh Jackman.

The Will/Emma proposal was all kinds of what the? for me. And I half-expected her to freak out that he was dripping on her. And then I thought she might say no...Rachel is totally going to say no and break Finn's heart (not a spoiler, a prediction).

Helen Mirren =
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I totally agree with you all--loved the new/old Sue, the Helen M. voice, the songs etc. etc. I think he was dripping chlorinated water, not sweat, so it was ok with Emma... And did you SEE the hats the bridesmaids (Sue and Beiste) were wearing when Emma was singing Will you marry me, B/Will? Straight out of the royal wedding guests'.
    I hope Finn does not get too crushed, that Rachel takes it as a "promise ring" or something....somehow finds a way not to destroy him. After all she sang that song to him....he must be more than just a convenient high school beau to her. Maybe she says yes and that's where her fathers come in and why they suddenly appear. Obviously they shouldn't get married... If none of the seniors get into the colleges of their dreams maybe they can all go to the local community college, Finn can run the garage (sorry that his step dad will apparently be out of the picture now...just the two boys living at the house???), and they can all do numbers now and then. Maybe Finn can take a few courses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Just read a spoiler about who has been cast to play Rachel's dads. I'm so excited!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Jeff Goldblum and Broadway star Brian Stokes Mitchell
    The first actor gives me the major creeps, but I love the second actor. I hope we get to hear him sing - he's AMAZING!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm not sure Rachel will say no. As of now, she thinks she isn't getting into that school in New York. She may think this is her only option now, to stay in Lima and marry Finn.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Just watched the episode on DVR. It'll take awhile to clear the cheese off the monitor.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Just watched the episode on DVR. It'll take awhile to clear the cheese off the monitor.
    From the looks of your av, it seems you might like cheese.
    Uncle David likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I heard that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Finn and Rachel will both be on the show next season - even though they should have graduated - so I don't think she's getting into NYATA. This time. My guess is that Finn will help after she is devastated by not getting in, they will get married, and then after next season they will both go to NY or LA or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    From the looks of your av, it seems you might like cheese.
    LOL!!! Ha! Only in football. Okay, and with wine.
    Notice I still watch this show. Crap. You may be onto something...
    Lil Bit and Neecy44 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread