+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I'm in agreement with the whole stunt casting thing. Even if you don't like the idea of it, at least Kristin, Gweneth...and heck even Josh Groban, Ricky Martin and Goria Estefan make sense in some weird way. Nene - no way.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

CCL

I've always thought "Do They Know It's Christmas" to be one of the most imperialistic, offensive songs...I mean, the original purpose of the song (to raise money for charity) was good but the actual lyrics....and then Glee makes it worse by having the cast sing it in a homeless shelter. Nice.
    I actually enjoyed the black-and-white show particularly Finn singing (he used to sing all the time in season 1 but now it's Blaine, Blaine, Blaine) and Brittany's performance.
    I have no idea who Nene is apart from the fact that the models had to pose like her on ANTM this year but that didn't really tell me anything except that she has short hair and apparently likes pickles. I'm against the stunt casting exept for Gloria Estefan and I hope she sings Turn the Beat Around.
    dzigner likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I can't agree with CCL more about "Do They KNow It's Christmas" song. I've hated it since its inception and to have the Glee kids smugly perform it in front of homeless people... UGH. I think this may be Glee's "jumping the shark" episode for me. Not sure I'm interested or invested enough to come back in January.

I thought that song was very tacky and inappropriate also. The whole episode was a big disappointment. I'm a huge Glee fan too - I even went to Vegas to see their live performance in May...

Quote Originally Posted by dzigner View Post
    I can't agree with CCL more about "Do They KNow It's Christmas" song. I've hated it since its inception and to have the Glee kids smugly perform it in front of homeless people... UGH. I think this may be Glee's "jumping the shark" episode for me. Not sure I'm interested or invested enough to come back in January.
    I haven't been interested enough to watch with any consistency all season thus far and only caught bits and pieces of the holiday episode. The black and white retro part was annoying so I flipped away. Came back to see Rachel being a snob... turned away. Came back again for the happy ending only to see Do they Know it's Christmas and turned away right away.

I haven't been watching the reruns they're playing and I'm not entirely sure I'm even going to make it an option to flip back and forth from in commercial breaks. I think the show jumped the shark a few times this season.

That "Do They Know It's Christmas" number could get them a shark-jump act at flippin' Sea World!
    dzigner likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Well, the new shows should start next week. Right now we still have two GLEE PROJECT kids to see. Darren Criss will be off a couple of episodes while he does HTSIB...on Broadway for a short run.

I pretty much am disappointed by what they have put out to far this season....hopefully things will improve

I tried to watch Glee again this week. I have seen bits and pieces, but never can get into it. I did injoy the Glee Project. How did Damien do in his role? I read that Samuel is coming up soon.

This week the singers had their nipples on fire during an opening song. I take it came from the Katy Perry video. Still, these are high school students, right? Do they do this kind of thing a lot? It just seemed odd if my jr. high school family members would have been watching. (I chose to ignore the song where the kids sang of drinking whiskey and drunk dialing for a bootie call.) LOL

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I vaguely recall early on that there was some discussion on the show that some song/dance would be too risque for the students to do....worries about that have apparently been out the window ever since. So much for reality.

CCL

It was a new episode this week? I don't think it taped for me.
    Regarding risqué songs, I remember cringing when the performed Push It (I think that was in the school assembly); nipples on fire sound tame in comparison. I presume this was to do with the Katy Perry 'Fireworks' song? I don't recall her having fireworks coming out of her chest in that video though she did have whipped cream shoot out of her boobs in the Californi Girls video, so it could have been worse.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread