+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

I was shocked at how quickly they dismissed the whole campaign loss....I thought I heard her say it and it was over so fast, I wasn't sure.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "Do They Know It's Christmas?" is one of my favorite Christmas songs, but I cringed when they started singing it in the homeless shelter. Did NONE of the producers think that was in poor taste?

The TV show was just cheesy and weird, although I did enjoy hearing so many different cast members sing.
    Adding to all the people who were horrified by that choice...what, were the homeless supposed to be glad they were getting a free dinner, vs. the "others" who weren't? Yuck. And the Glee club members all smiling as they sang the part about glad it's not me!!! WHAT on earth were they thinking??? I don't think they had a shot of Sam during that song...he especially should have made them more sensitive...and Mercedes?? And Quinn ?? who both tried to help him when he was living in a motel? Yikes. I"ve actually never heard the song before...and hearing it for the first time in that setting has ruined it for me forever, even though the tune was nice.

And I agree, ibot2much, Sue dismissing her loss in the election in a one liner practically at the end of the earlier election episode...made NO sense.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    And to top it off they cut Santana's version of "Santa Baby" that was leaked on line. She was fabulous much better than Rachel.
    I'm not sure they "cut" it. For the Christmas album, they record way more songs than can be put in the show. I strongly suspect that some were never meant to make it to the show - they are meant to fill the album.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Agree with you that all three of Rachel's dresses were lovely---all had a 50's quality about them
    I noticed that they have been putting Rachel in more dresses with a kind of retro/50's quality to them this season. I think she looks great in them, so I'm all for it. I actually loved the dress she wore to regionals also.

It was said in an interview on tvline.com that it was supposed to be included, but was cut because of time...
    Along with what Blaine got Kurt for Christmas.

Klaine ‘shippers everywhere are shouting “Bah, humbug!” over a missing scene in Tuesday’s Glee.

Among the publicity shots Fox released for this week’s Christmas-themed episode was an image of Kurt opening a present from Blaine in the halls of McKinley High.

But when the episode aired Tuesday night, the scene was missing from the telecast — leaving fans wondering both why it was cut and what the heck was in the box!

Well, TVLine has an answer to both burning questions.

First off, the sequence was trimmed because the episode was running long; it will, however, be included in the Season 3 DVD. (Another MIA sequence, Santana’s big “Santa Baby” performance, will be made available online as early as next week.) Second, and most importantly, sources confirm that had the present been opened in the episode, viewers would’ve seen Blaine give Kurt a… promise ring.

And not just any promise ring. A homemade ring made of gum wrappers. Blaine explains that financial issues prevented him from giving Kurt what he really wanted — an item from the Elizabeth Taylor collection — but something tells me Kurt was hardly disappointed by the no-frills offering. After all, “Extraordinary Merry Christmas” ultimately emphasized charity and selflessness over consumerism and flashy gifts.

As for how that ring will affect Klaine going forward — or whether we’ll see Kurt sporting it in the halls of McKinley — we’ll just have to wait to ring in the New Year.
    Glee Exclusve: Find Out What Was in the Box Blaine Gave to Kurt!
    Last edited by Critical; 12-16-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Added quote tags and article URL
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Kerowyn, please make sure when you quote an article verbatim that you include the URL of that article and either put the article in quote tags or do something else that makes it clear that you're quoting an article If you want to summarize what was said (eg "I read on tvline that Blaine gave Kurt a promise ring for Christmas"), you don't have to do those things, but if you quote it directly, we require the URL due to copyright issues. Thanks!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just watched the very special Xmas ep. Kind of a yawn. The part I liked best is the desk chair in Kurt & Blaine's TV house. No, really. I want that chair. Cool design.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I want to still love this show....I want to still love Glee so badly - just because it was soooo good when it began. I've been holding out, I've been trying to find the silver lining in every tarnished new episode. But I'm afraid even I have to finally admit it: Glee has officially jumped the shark

'Glee': Nene Leakes to guest | Inside TV | EW.com
    Ellen and cantstopwatchin like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Ugh.

Why do they stunt cast? It's annoying (with the exception of Kristen Chenowith) and there are so many other lesser known actors that could use the work, face time and money. I mean, I didn't know pretty much anyone in the cast except Sue when the show began...and I'm a fan of several of them now. The same with Coach Bieste. I'd seen her before but didn't really know who she was...and she's just freaking fantastic.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ugh.

Why do they stunt cast? It's annoying (with the exception of Kristen Chenowith) and there are so many other lesser known actors that could use the work, face time and money. I mean, I didn't know pretty much anyone in the cast except Sue when the show began...and I'm a fan of several of them now. The same with Coach Bieste. I'd seen her before but didn't really know who she was...and she's just freaking fantastic.
    I only knew Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison because I'm a Broadway geek (and really, I knew their work and voices more than anything else), but yeah, Jane is really the only person in the regular cast who people would have known. I like that they cast unknowns.

Other than Kristin Chenoweth, the only stunt casting I've enjoyed is NPH and maybe Gwyneth (although it pains me to admit it). I think Idina has gone beyond stunt casting, since she's been on the show as a regular this season.

Nene? There's a reason I don't watch any of the RH shows and I don't want to see those fame whores anywhere else, especially not on Glee. UGH.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread