+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree625Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "Do They Know It's Christmas?" is one of my favorite Christmas songs, but I cringed when they started singing it in the homeless shelter. Did NONE of the producers think that was in poor taste?
    Seriously! When they sang the line "Thank God it's them instead of you," I just shook my head. So not appropriate. I can't say that's one of my favorite songs anyway, but...boo to whomever thought that was a good song choice for that scene.

I did love listening to Damien. The rest, I agree with you all: weird, boring and sorta cheesy.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Seriously! When they sang the line "Thank God it's them instead of you," I just shook my head. So not appropriate. I can't say that's one of my favorite songs anyway, but...boo to whomever thought that was a good song choice for that scene.

I did love listening to Damien. The rest, I agree with you all: weird, boring and sorta cheesy.
    Totally. That was cringe-worthy. I just cannot believe no one questioned that choice.

I love Damien too. He's adorable, although I laughed when he did the thing with his eyebrows. They gave him such a hard time about it on The Glee Project and there he was doing it again! He's not the best actor, but I'm sure he'll improve, just like some of the original cast did.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

And to top it off they cut Santana's version of "Santa Baby" that was leaked on line. She was fabulous much better than Rachel.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

It was back to the Blaine, Mercedes and Rachel show.......everybody else was so in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    "Do They Know It's Christmas?" is one of my favorite Christmas songs, but I cringed when they started singing it in the homeless shelter. Did NONE of the producers think that was in poor taste?

The TV show was just cheesy and weird, although I did enjoy hearing so many different cast members sing.
    Yeah, I was thinking....really? They couldn't come up with a better feel good Christmas song for a shelter?

I did think the girls looked absolutely beautiful though. I love the dress Rachel had on. Also, I really enjoyed Sue in this episode.
    Katydyd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Agree with you that all three of Rachel's dresses were lovely---all had a 50's quality about them

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Agree with you that all three of Rachel's dresses were lovely---all had a 50's quality about them
    My favorite was the one she was wearing during the 'tv show'. I want that dress!

There were elements to the show that were really good....like Rachel realizing it isn't just about the gifts and Finn's speech when he gave her the certificate for the star. But as a whole? Bleh. Also, I loved the performance where Britney sang...the ribbons and the outfits were adorable but it was so out of place in the black and white, 50's scene. It was odd.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

That's the Sue I like. Snarky, but not over the top mean like she has been.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I was just coming on to point that out too as the one really bright spot in this episode It was definitely the old Sue last night. Just the right amount of cringe worthy snark...loved the nicknames and the bit about Christmas being the time when little people dress as elves in commercials and die a little bit inside (or some such) But she also showed her softer side as well. And the small bit with the producer comparing Artie to Tiny Tim...except Tiny Tim could walk....so politically incorrect you kinda hate yourself for laughing - but you do it anyway. Why can't they write that stuff all the time?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Does it seem like the past few episodes, they've been softening Sue? She hasn't been downright nasty like she has been. Which I hope is a trend because this Sue is friggin' awesome. Although I read a spoiler that said:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Sue and Beiste battle it out over Cooter ...so that should be fun. At least she'll be mean towards an adult instead of a student. And Beiste can take it.

+ Reply to Thread