+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Crit, that was my favorite part, too. My husband said they should win because they all shared the spotlight.

I read somewhere that it will be revealed what happened between Mercedes and Sam over the summer. By the coy smiles on Mercedes face, I'm betting she's not over it...lol.

I agree about Santana. Her voice is just beautiful.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to agree with you guys about finally getting to see others have the spotlight. It was refreshing to have a change. Loved all the songs too. Also, I agree about Santana's voice. Definitely better than Mercedes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

As much as I liked Glee in the beginning, every episode seems like the same old same old. One (or more) of the Glee club member is ostracized from the others then has a change of heart and returns to the fold, one (or more) members has trouble with parents, football teammates, etc accepting them as they are, the eternal diva struggle between Rachel and Mercedes (with Quinn sometimes in there, too), Glee club members being made to feel like they're not accepted by other people at school and having to prove once again that they're cool.

I don't enjoy the show as much now because each episode is a rehash of what they've done before.

I still like the music mash-ups they do so at least that remains good.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My favorite thing about New Directions' number tonight was that SO many different people got to sing. Hopefully, that's a sign of things to come.
    Yes! And I loved that Tina opened and Mike was among those who sang lead. It also really showed which of the three was a "glee club" and which were soloists with backup singers.

And to address another point...I thought the runner-ups from The Glee Project got 3 episodes?

BTW, there was a post yesterday (somewhere) that Glee will be doing a Michael Jackson tribute episode.

FORT Fogey

I really like the nonGoth Tina. She was respectful in her discussion with Mike's father and dressed maturely to discuss a mature topic with him.

I forgot how many episodes the GP kids get....sorry if I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Yes! And I loved that Tina opened and Mike was among those who sang lead. It also really showed which of the three was a "glee club" and which were soloists with backup singers.

And to address another point...I thought the runner-ups from The Glee Project got 3 episodes?

BTW, there was a post yesterday (somewhere) that Glee will be doing a Michael Jackson tribute episode.
    Alex and Lindsay each got 2 episodes on the show. That means Lindsay is done (unless they decide to keep her around) and Alex is still to come. Maybe we'll see him at the next competition
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Alex and Lindsay each got 2 episodes on the show. That means Lindsay is done (unless they decide to keep her around) and Alex is still to come. Maybe we'll see him at the next competition
    Thanks! I'm not sure why I got it wrong...maybe I think that 3 sounds better than 2 ;-)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What I thought was odd about Michael as a featured singer was that surely I recall an earlier episode in which the whole point was he CAN'T sing, but is a great dancer... Now he mostly did the talking kind of singing, but still....
    I noticed that Brit was welcomed back to the group by her leprechan.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    What I thought was odd about Michael as a featured singer was that surely I recall an earlier episode in which the whole point was he CAN'T sing, but is a great dancer... Now he mostly did the talking kind of singing, but still....
    I noticed that Brit was welcomed back to the group by her leprechan.
    Awhile back the group worked together to learn how to dance and Mike worked on his vocals. It was right around the time the whole Mike and his dad thing started.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It was fun to see Lindsay performing again tonight. With that line about being only a sophomore, I'm guessing they're positioning her to show up again in the future but probably not until next year.

It's nice to see Sam back. I, too, liked the way New Directions featured so many different singers in their numbers.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread