+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 273 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3715446;
    We needed some more Kurt this week, there just wasn't enough Kurt!
    I couldn't agree more. I Kurt. When he wiped the tear from his cheek after April sang the first time, I was cracking up.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I like this show, and especially the musical numbers. However, I don't like that Terri character AT ALL. She is such a psycho, and it kills me to see her duping her husband like that. When she found out it was a hysterical pregnancy, she should have just told her husband that she had a miscarriage, got some sympathy from him, and moved on. And then there's Quinn, duping her boyfriend into thinking he made her pregnant, when they didn't even go "all the way". I wish they would stick to the choir story line more, and skip the deceiptful female plotlines. Oh, and that cheerleader coach is a bag of dirt also. Why are the majority of females on this show so nasty/awful?

I adore Kristin Chenoweth! It was fun to see her in a role so completely different from anything she's done before. It was obvious how much fun she had. She's one of my favorite singers and, I have to say, she sounds even better live. It's incredible to see that big voice coming out of that tiny body!

This was one of my favorite episodes, probably because of Kristin, but also because there was more of an emphasis on the glee club. Plus, any time Matthew Morrison sings, I'm happy!

I know some people don't like Rachel, but I actually do. She's SO talented that, whenever she opens her mouth to sing, I forgive her the arrogance. If she acted like that and was the queen bee of the school, then I'd probably hate her. She's such a misfit that I can't help liking her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think that, even though the women are playing to some bad stereotypes, the guys aren't coming off as angels either. Will is utterly selfish and self-involved, and we saw that come to a head this week when he allowed April to corrupt everyone just because she's a great singer. I'm also not keen on the way he treats Emma. Puck is a huge tool, even if he is being mistreated by Quinn. He's not absolved from being homophobic, and rolling people in port-a-potties, and dumping people in dumpsters just because his little heart hurts. Finn is at best dangerously naive and at worst pretty manipulative; I'm thinking of the way he tried to use Rachel this week. So, while most of the women are no peaches, I think most everyone is a little ugly in this show. Except maybe my precious Artie.

I loved this week's episode. Kristin Chenoweth was an amazing guest star top to bottom, but her and Matthew Morrison singing "Alone" together? Dream come true.

I've been bumping "Somebody to Love" all summer long, and Mercedes' solo still gave me goosebumps last night. It's just that awesome.

But now I'm wondering how Finn will learn that Quinn's baby isn't his, because it does have to happen. Puck seems to be going along with what Quinn wants. Terri shows up as school nurse next week; maybe Finn will learn some basic reproductive biology from her.

This is without a doubt my new favorite show. I love to hear them sing, do the actors really sing that well? Somebody to love is one of my favorite songs. I've never heard anyone sing it better than Anne Hathaway in Ella Enchanted, but last night's performance gave me goosebumps!

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3716185;
    This is without a doubt my new favorite show. I love to hear them sing, do the actors really sing that well? Somebody to love is one of my favorite songs. I've never heard anyone sing it better than Anne Hathaway in Ella Enchanted, but last night's performance gave me goosebumps!
    She sang it well, not no one will EVER sing it better than Freddie Mercury!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Loved the episode. The last song was beautifully done and Kristin was great in a role that is so unlike her.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3716185;
    I made a post earlier, #126 I think, that has a list of where some of these actors have sang before. Yes, some of them really do sing that well. While others, Quinn, I'm fairly sure are just dubbed (but I could be wrong).

I really like this show and don't know why. It is so cheesy and the acting is really not that good but I have always loved musicals go I guess that is why I get excited each Wednesday night!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3716246;
    She sang it well, not no one will EVER sing it better than Freddie Mercury!
    Nobody ever sings Freddie Mercury's songs better than he did. Queen is one of those bands that Idol contestants should probably never attempt. Another is Heart, and so on this show it was such a pleasure to hear Kristin Chenoweth do an outstanding cover of that Heart song. I also love it whenever the male teacher "Mr. Shu" sings. Dreamy! I wish they had shown that entire karaoke number rather than the entire Cabaret solo, but maybe it was in Chenoweth's contract to have a solo? She blew the high school girl so far out of the water it was nuclear. At least when Rachel isn't great or seems annoying, that is part of the plot.

I don't buy the plot line that someone who has been slumming for 15 years would be as polished as Kristin. That takes 15 years of daily practice! But no matter how good she is, that country song was so inappropriate for a high school choir - which makes it par for the course. I guess the bad songs are supposed to be an ongoing joke.

I also don't buy that the choir needed Rachel for the Queen song. At the end they needed the big black girl for that final note, so she probably could have just sung the whole thing. And hubby likes the asian girl's tone better than Rachel's.

Btw, remember that Flintstone episode where they cast Fred as "Frogmouth" because he is so loud? That is my nickname for Rachel. So many of those kids (including the ones who audition for Idol, this is not unique to this show) are just loud. They seem like they are just narcissistically in love with their own voices rather than being able to emote and engage with the audience. They could learn a lot from that old pro Kristin. I don't like to watch what amounts to vocal self-pleasuring with a side of attention-seeking.

We noticed Jane Lynch was not on the screen for long in this episode, but she made the most of every second.

+ Reply to Thread