+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree618Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

Oh okay I'm sorry. I was just trying to clear up what seemed to be confusion. I didn't mean for it to be a point of contention or to offend you!

No offense taken! I actually had to go back and look to make sure I hadn't imagined someone saying that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't know, I just don't see them cramming Samuel's long dreads into a swim cap. Plus, he's not exactly athletic, is he?
    Honestly? I don't think we ever really saw enough of him to determine how athletic he is. But I could see them getting those dreads into a cap (of course, I've been helping the new girls on the high school swim team get their caps on this week, which gives me a different perspective...no dreads, but lots of long hair!).

FORT Fogey

I don't see how my asking in passing if maybe the GLEE PROJECT winner would come in as a member of the swim team became contentious. I don't know how they are going to introduce him.....just mentioned in passing since they would be bringing in new characters when Chord comes back as a memeber of the swim team.

I am somehwat surprised that he has not been introduced yet.....and just wondered how they were going to do it....that is all my comment was.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Honestly? I don't think we ever really saw enough of him to determine how athletic he is. But I could see them getting those dreads into a cap (of course, I've been helping the new girls on the high school swim team get their caps on this week, which gives me a different perspective...no dreads, but lots of long hair!).
    My last bf had dreads like Samuel, so I was just imagining how BIG they were and how Samuel would look like an alien if they crammed his hair into a swim cap! He looked kind of skinny to me and didn't strike me as terribly athletic.

I'd love to see him come on as the sensitive new kid who all the girls crush on...... and he's oblivious to the attention.

ibot2much - no contention, just debate
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

About tonight's episode -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm so glad that Sam (Chord Overstreet) is back!!! I missed him so much!!! And the Michael Jackson mash-up was great!!
    AmyKay likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Anyone else find Quinn's sudden change of heart a bit odd? She's adament and then suddenly, not. Didn't seem like anyone was reaching her, and there was about a half hour (in show time), most of which was performance time, and she's suddenly convinced. What did I miss?
    Was Shelby really going to drop him?

What I think is interesting is that Mercedes was the one with the nose bent out of shape and she decided to leave New Directions because Rachel got all the solos. Now it seems as if Mercedes is in the background more than ever with the Troubletones and Santana actually has claimed the spotlight. I think Santana's voice is much more interesting than Mercedes' voice anyway so I'm fine with that!

I hope we get to see more of Damien than him just bopping in the background. It doesn't seem as if they are giving him a chance to 'become' a character and form relationships with other members of the Glee club- he either sings back up or sits in his chair while others sing- he never actually has any speaking parts. Odd to waste if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I hope we get to see more of Damien than him just bopping in the background. It doesn't seem as if they are giving him a chance to 'become' a character and form relationships with other members of the Glee club- he either sings back up or sits in his chair while others sing- he never actually has any speaking parts. Odd to waste if you ask me.
    I've read some spoilers and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Damien will be getting more of a storyline, possibly starting with next week's episode AND he will be getting more than the 7 episodes he was promised as winner of TGP. Hopefully, that means he'll be around for a while.

My favorite thing about New Directions' number tonight was that SO many different people got to sing. Hopefully, that's a sign of things to come.
    Katydyd likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really liked the show as it was almost all musical numbers and good ones. Agree with the poster above about Santana. When she started a song and Mercedes joined in, I thought that Santana's voice was so much richer. It just was a surprise that they minimized her ability during the past seasons. Mercedes still is the second banana.

I also hope we see more of Damien.....so if there is to be a story line for him, they are not counting the stand in the back of the crowd episodes. Thought the girl from The GLEE PROECT was quite good so her two episodes are done. The comment that she is just a sophomore leads me to wonder if she will be brought back next season. Looking now for the other two GP kids!!!

+ Reply to Thread