+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

  1. #1571
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,067

    Re: Glee

    Musical numbers were better than we have seen in a bit.....Loved the Coach's!!! Interesting that Santana is the current girl of the day.....Rachel and Mercedes
    have been MIA for a while and now with Rachel not going to Sectionals, it should be interesting how they manage that one.......hopefully they will use Damien and give him some ind of story line. I hope these last couple of shows where he has been in the crowd scene are not part of his "appearances".

    Also interesting is the back tracking on previously announced changes...no big name guests and removal of Chord. Always wonder why the "plan" didn't work out and they have to look a little foolish when they back-track. Hopefully the GLEE PROJECT other winner will be on soon, maybe part of the swim team???

  2. #1572
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,626

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Musical numbers were better than we have seen in a bit.....Loved the Coach's!!! Interesting that Santana is the current girl of the day.....Rachel and Mercedes
    have been MIA for a while and now with Rachel not going to Sectionals, it should be interesting how they manage that one.......hopefully they will use Damien and give him some ind of story line. I hope these last couple of shows where he has been in the crowd scene are not part of his "appearances".

    Also interesting is the back tracking on previously announced changes...no big name guests and removal of Chord. Always wonder why the "plan" didn't work out and they have to look a little foolish when they back-track. Hopefully the GLEE PROJECT other winner will be on soon, maybe part of the swim team???
    I hope Damien's epsiodes don't include these ones where he sits in the background too. That would be totally unfair, imo.

    I think they always wanted Chord to come back - he just said no. Maybe he wasn't getting roles elsewhere and decided maybe he wasn't too good for this show after all. I'm okay with some guest stars, but last season it was just ridiculous. I mean, Idina is technically a guest star, but they've integrated her really well. I just don't want them to go back to those "Very Special Guest Star" type episodes. It distracts from the regular cast members.

    I doubt Samuel will be a swim team member - not with those dreadlocks!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #1573
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,039

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I doubt Samuel will be a swim team member - not with those dreadlocks!
    Some swimmers have long hair, and they just tuck it into their caps. My son's hair was pretty long for awhile (almost halfway down his back), and that's what he did. (He cut it in August because he joined Jr. Marine ROTC when he got to high school.)

  4. #1574
    kero kerowyn66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    466

    Re: Glee

    Read today that the producers are trying to get Gloria Estefan to play Santana's mother. That would be great casting.
    AmyKay and JavaJo like this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

  5. #1575
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,626

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Some swimmers have long hair, and they just tuck it into their caps. My son's hair was pretty long for awhile (almost halfway down his back), and that's what he did. (He cut it in August because he joined Jr. Marine ROTC when he got to high school.)
    I don't know, I just don't see them cramming Samuel's long dreads into a swim cap. Plus, he's not exactly athletic, is he?

    I like Gloria Estefan, but I'd rather not see any more stunt casting.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  6. #1576
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,174

    Re: Glee

    I just watched last years Christmas episode on Netflix. I forgot how great of an episode it was with Sue as the Grinch, Britney still believing in Santa and Coach buying Artie the Rewalk. Man, I miss epi's like that one.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  7. #1577
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I doubt Samuel will be a swim team member - not with those dreadlocks!
    I think you're getting your Sams confused. I didn't watch the Glee Project but is one of the winners named Samuel? Because I don't remember Sam having dreadlocks and I remember him as very athletic.

  8. #1578
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,626

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think you're getting your Sams confused. I didn't watch the Glee Project but is one of the winners named Samuel? Because I don't remember Sam having dreadlocks and I remember him as very athletic.
    Nope, I have the right person. Samuel was one of the winners of The Glee Project and he has dreads. Someone upthread speculated that he might be one of the members of the swim team that we're maybe going to see later in the season. Chord Overstreet plays the Sam you're thinking of.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #1579
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    Looks like Glee has found a legitimate excuse for Chord Overstreet to lose his shirt when Sam returns to McKinley High.

    Indeed, Trouty Mouth will get in touch with his spirit animal when he joins the McKinley Synchronized Swim Team — in an effort to win back Mercedes! — according to a show insider.

    Look for Sam to have his Esther Williams moment in Episode 10 (airing in January), which will introduce us to a quartet of yet-to-be-cast characters — all of which have the potential to become recurring:
    This is where the original swim team reference came from, and I think what's causing the confusion. Sam the character will be on the swim team. Samuel the person we haven't heard anything about yet.

  10. #1580
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,626

    Re: Glee

    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    This is where the original swim team reference came from, and I think what's causing the confusion. Sam the character will be on the swim team. Samuel the person we haven't heard anything about yet.
    I was replying to this post when I said I didn't think Samuel would be a swim team member:
    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Also interesting is the back tracking on previously announced changes...no big name guests and removal of Chord. Always wonder why the "plan" didn't work out and they have to look a little foolish when they back-track. Hopefully the GLEE PROJECT other winner will be on soon, maybe part of the swim team???
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.