+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

oh that hall and oates mashup or whatever it was so cheesey I HATED it...it was so awlful I felt sorry that actually had to sing that song....

Then to have the horrid costumes and those mustaches on top of it. ICK. The person who thought that number up should be drawn and quartered!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The best part of this Hall and Oats performance was this -

Puck looks like he could be the twin of "College Ross" from Friends. And Damian is totally "College Chandler". This "Ross, Chandler and Rachel" moment made me laugh so hard I cried.
    JavaJo likes this.

Oh, God. He kind of does look like "College Ross"! ICK!

I've watched the Adele mashup a bunch of times now and it annoys the hell out of me that they're capable of numbers like that and still put out junk. It's like they're being lazy. At this point, if both of McKinley's glee clubs competed, New Directions wouldn't win.

The best thing about this new glee club is that Naya Rivera is getting to sing more. I enjoy listening to her more than Amber Riley and just as much as Lea Michele. I can't believe it took them so long to give her leads!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

The best thing about this new glee club is that Naya Rivera is getting to sing more. I enjoy listening to her more than Amber Riley and just as much as Lea Michele. I can't believe it took them so long to give her leads!
    I totally agree...she is incredible! Amber has a powerhouse voice but with the exception of the big notes I cant really get into her..but Naya...it's just bluesy/scratchy/soulful..great!

Puck needs to ditch the mohawk ASAP. He'd look so good with his head just shaved, but he looks like an idiot with the mohawk, plus it doesn't even look real. Just ICK!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Oh, God. He kind of does look like "College Ross"! ICK!

I've watched the Adele mashup a bunch of times now and it annoys the hell out of me that they're capable of numbers like that and still put out junk. It's like they're being lazy. At this point, if both of McKinley's glee clubs competed, New Directions wouldn't win.

Yeah, Naya blew me away in that mash-up -- I never realized she had a voice like that. I keep listening to that Adele number over and over on my iPod.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yeah, Naya blew me away in that mash-up -- I never realized she had a voice like that. I keep listening to that Adele number over and over on my iPod.
    I've watched it at least a dozen times on YouTube. I can take or leave Amber Riley - her voice is a little too nasally for me - but they need to give Naya more leads. She's got an incredible, soulful voice! Plus, I think she's one of the better actors on the show.
    Ellen, MFWalkoff and JavaJo like this.

...they need to give Naya more leads. She's got an incredible, soulful voice! Plus, I think she's one of the better actors on the show.
    I know her mom, so I'm biased. But, yeah, I agree!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

CCL

For me, this show has always been Popular with music. Ryan Murphy is always identified as having created Nip/Tuck, but it's Popular that is the "ancestor" to Glee - a high school satire with broad characterizations, cliques, cruelty, close friendships and some twisted humor
    Is has been very reminiscent of Popular down to some of the tropes and story lines used. Though I seem to recall Popular became uneven as it went on; Glee has definitely done so. I often don't watch the episode for a while - it is no longer must-see. That said, the latest episode was good, particularly Santana's storyline. And I haven't really liked the Troubletones but their final number was fantastic. I've never been a fan of Mercedes but I love Santana's voice (well, that of the respective actresses, of course). I might just have to download the Adele mashup.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread