+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Have they said how old Puck is on the show? If he is a senior and is on the older end of the spectrum the character could be 18. Slightly less skeevy, but still not a good direction for the story IMO. I was glad that he was de-sabotaging the house, but I don't want the story line to take the baby away from Rachel's mom at all. The whole turn in the Quin character stinks.

I didn't watch The Glee Project, but I liked the new Irish character and it was hilarious that Brittney couldn't understand him!
    I don't like this whole relationship between Brittney and Santana. The whole "I'll date you as long as I don't have someone else in my life" business from Brittney annoys me. She's acting like she is doing Santana a favor, but she is stringing Santana along until she finds someone better.

I don't see the "gaying up" of Blaine's character. We really just didn't see much of his character's wardrobe before because most of the time he was in a school uniform. I think he comes off the same way he always has. I also don't mind if he steps all over Finn because I have never liked Finn. I would rather listen to Blaine sing any day!!
    I didn't understand it that way at all. What I understood last year was that she said that she'd totally like to date Santana, but she was committed to Artie, and she wasn't going to break up with him or cheat on him. I understood that to mean that if she ever wasn't with him, she'd be with Santana. So when she said that this time, I took it the same way as I'd heard it last year.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Interesting show with no adults.....the coach story line was adolescent so it did fit having her in there with the kids. The guy did seem a bit younger appearing than coach. I guess that brief shot of Damien in WSS will count as one of his appearances **sigh**.

Interesting that Puck will have a new "love" interest. The Lauren- Puck story line was so unbelievable...the girl had NOTHING that would attract him and keep him. I didn't see her in WSS...is she still on the show?

Also was confused about Santana in WSS, I thought she bailed on the club and went with Mercedes....or did I miss something? I don't pay 100% attention as I am in and out of the room when it is on....more interested in the musical numbers than some of the story lines

I was worried about last night's episode at first but I was pleasantly surprised. I still don't think Rachel was really ready to have sex with Finn, but at least she loves him and I don't think she will look back and regret it the way Quinn does.

Loved the Coach Bieste storyline! I just love her character and it was so sweet to see her finally get a love interest on the show, I feel like she really deserves it. I hope they continue with it.

Kurt and Blaine are just perfect. I could not love or ship them any more. This new Sebastian character better back up!

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post

Also was confused about Santana in WSS, I thought she bailed on the club and went with Mercedes....or did I miss something? I don't pay 100% attention as I am in and out of the room when it is on....more interested in the musical numbers than some of the story lines
    I'm pretty sure that it is the school, not the Glee club, that is putting on WSS - that's why Santana was still in it. I could be wrong tho.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Interesting show with no adults.....the coach story line was adolescent so it did fit having her in there with the kids. The guy did seem a bit younger appearing than coach. I guess that brief shot of Damien in WSS will count as one of his appearances **sigh**.

Interesting that Puck will have a new "love" interest. The Lauren- Puck story line was so unbelievable...the girl had NOTHING that would attract him and keep him. I didn't see her in WSS...is she still on the show?

Good question, I know I missed some episodes, but what happened to Lauren, the large and very self confident girl Puck was enamored of last season?

RE: Puck's ex-girlfriend... if I'm not mistaken, I believe they mentioned her transferring to another school/moving in the first episode of the season.

RE: Santana being in WSS... the poster who said that it was a school production, not a glee production is correct.

RE: Blaine's ("His name is Blane?? Oh! That's a major appliance, that's not a name!") wardrobe... I like the way the have him dressing, definitely better than the Warblers uniform!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Good question, I know I missed some episodes, but what happened to Lauren, the large and very self confident girl Puck was enamored of last season?
    Lauren quit New Directions - and Puck - in the first episode this season. She said the loss at Nationals messed with her cool factor. I'm happy she's gone. The character didn't add anything - she had a crappy attitude and she couldn't sing. I never saw the point.

Re: West Side Story - it was the school musical and not a glee club thing. Hearing all the songs again has definitely made me want to dig up the original soundtrack. I know it's in the house somewhere! I always forget how much I love West Side Story until I hear the music. The movie was the first one I ever got on VHS and the technology was such that it was on 2 tapes instead of 1!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I was disappointed with last night's show. This was the first one in a long time where Rachel & Finn couldn't keep my interest. The only thing that lured me back in were Kurt & Blaine, who were so cute when they made up, though I didn't care for jealous Kurt so much.

Thought it was interesting to see Karofsky (is that his name?) has moved forward. I'm glad.

I'm waffling on the show and that makes me sad.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I'm waffling, too, but I'm not quitting quite yet.

I think one of the reasons I'm losing interest is the lack of Sue. Not uber-mean Sue. Original Sue. Who was snide and snarky and verbally cutting while still being funny but not physically mean and evil. She made the show in the beginning and they trashed her character and, IMO, it's hurting the show.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Latest episode was sweet and handled very well.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I used to look forward to glee, just not doing it for me lately....I hope it gets better than this!

+ Reply to Thread