+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

OMG, you people are right. I was so annoyed when they picked Sam, I turned off the show.....so I missed the second call out for Damien ( still badly done IMO). Anyway did anybody actually see the show last night?

I watched! Oddly enough, my DVR was not going to record it because it was not noted/tagged as "New," but I caught it in time!!!

Thought Damian was SO cute and I think he would make a great full-time addition to the ensemble!

I saw the show last night, it was just ok for me. Damian was definitely the star! I just loved him. I wasn't very familiar with him, I only watched a few episodes of the Glee project, but I instantly fell in love with him.

How many episodes is he going to be in?

I liked the new boy! What a pretty voice. I hope he sticks around for a while.

And what was Puck thinking?! Sheesh.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I was so excited to see Damien on! It cracks me up even more that they wrote him a part exactly like they'd talked about on The Glee Project, being an exchange student who Brittney couldn't understand. I loved that that came true for him!! Very excited to see how his story continues. I'm hoping he'll stick around longer than his 8 weeks... ((fingers crossed))

And I'm glad Bert's going to stand up and run against Sue but I'm with Kurt - I'm worried about his health - I don't want his character to go to an early grave!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Just watched the show online. It was great to see Damien!

I am NOT happy about the Puck/Rachel's Mom (sorry; can't remember the character's name) storyline. I hate that idea more than the idea of sabotaging her outright! Since he's supposedly still a minor, that's just an icky way to take things.

ETA: What's with Damien's hair? He looks like Eddie Munster.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I was so excited to see Damien on! It cracks me up even more that they wrote him a part exactly like they'd talked about on The Glee Project, being an exchange student who Brittney couldn't understand. I loved that that came true for him!! Very excited to see how his story continues. I'm hoping he'll stick around longer than his 8 weeks... ((fingers crossed))

And I'm glad Bert's going to stand up and run against Sue but I'm with Kurt - I'm worried about his health - I don't want his character to go to an early grave!!
    Me too! I thought he did a great job and was absolutely adorable. It was fun to see what they had talked about on The Glee Project come to fruition on the show.

Anyone else finding Blaine sort of annoying now? I don't like that Finn is being overshadowed and Blaine's outfits are a bit over-the-top. For me, he was a little better when we only got him in small doses.

I didn't think I could love Bert any more than I already did I really want to see him beat Sue!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Me too! I thought he did a great job and was absolutely adorable. It was fun to see what they had talked about on The Glee Project come to fruition on the show.

Anyone else finding Blaine sort of annoying now? I don't like that Finn is being overshadowed and Blaine's outfits are a bit over-the-top. For me, he was a little better when we only got him in small doses.

I didn't think I could love Bert any more than I already did I really want to see him beat Sue!
    Yep! Blaine really bugged me tonight. It seemed like Darren was over-performing in that musical number (but then so was everyone else; it kinda sucked).

I didn't like his outfit either. It's like they're trying to turn him into another Kurt, and I thought he was fine just the way he was. It's almost like they think they need to "gay" his character up, which is just weird.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So was Puck going around de-sabotaging Rachel/Beth's mother's house? It looked to me like he was having 2nd thoughts about who should have the baby. Was he sincere in telling her that she's the only one who believed in him (after he got the pool job she suggested to him)? Does he now want to share the baby with her? He does seem into the baby. Or is he still in with Quinn on the sabotage plot? I've missed some episodes and I"m confused. Quinn's rationale for getting the baby back seems nuts,even for her/Glee. And she's gotten incredibly abrasive.
    The guys from the Glee Project show can't join Mercedes club--it's all female. Unless the leprechan is going to sing falsetto.. that was great.
    I agree that Kurt's boyfriend has been "gayed up" since he was in his old school. One of Kurt is plenty, not every gay guy is like Kurt, and I think that's a good point to make. Yay, for Kurt's dad running for office... Sue just seems to roll right off him. They better not kill him off!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So was Puck going around de-sabotaging Rachel/Beth's mother's house? It looked to me like he was having 2nd thoughts about who should have the baby. Was he sincere in telling her that she's the only one who believed in him (after he got the pool job she suggested to him)? Does he now want to share the baby with her? He does seem into the baby. Or is he still in with Quinn on the sabotage plot? I've missed some episodes and I"m confused. Quinn's rationale for getting the baby back seems nuts,even for her/Glee. And she's gotten incredibly abrasive.
    The guys from the Glee Project show can't join Mercedes club--it's all female. Unless the leprechan is going to sing falsetto.. that was great.
    I agree that Kurt's boyfriend has been "gayed up" since he was in his old school. One of Kurt is plenty, not every gay guy is like Kurt, and I think that's a good point to make. Yay, for Kurt's dad running for office... Sue just seems to roll right off him. They better not kill him off!!!!!
    Yep He pocketed the hot sauce and the botox or whatever that was. I don't know how he was going to get those books out of there without Shelby seeing them though.

Damien was the highlight of this episode for me. I'm a bit tired to everyone being mean to each other, and I don't mean just Sue. At this point, I welcome a cycling out of some of the original cast members. There's a point at which they just can't do anything else with them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread