+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 273 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

re: GLEE

I've never seen the show, but I caught a clip of the football players doing Single Ladies. That was so freaking funny! I might have to start watching this show to see what its all about.

So basically last week when they showed Quinn and Terry and we all thought they were being redeemed? It was a psych out and they are worse than ever? Hmmm....not sure how I feel about that. I really liked the idea of making it difficult to decide which girl the guy should go with because both girls had possibilities. I prefer that over a clear cut bad and good guy triangle situation.

The whole baby thing is a bad storyline twist and needs to go away quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3710424;
    So basically last week when they showed Quinn and Terry and we all thought they were being redeemed? It was a psych out and they are worse than ever? Hmmm....not sure how I feel about that. I really liked the idea of making it difficult to decide which girl the guy should go with because both girls had possibilities. I prefer that over a clear cut bad and good guy triangle situation.

The whole baby thing is a bad storyline twist and needs to go away quickly.
    I kinda like the baby twist...only because it sets up a nice quadrangle between Rachel/Finn/Quinn/Puck. You could tell Puck really likes Quinn, and he almost seemed kind of decent when he was trying to be a stand up dad....poor guy. Second time he got dumped because he has no money Both Quinn and Puck have their moments when you think there might be hope...which makes it fun, and more interesting IMO. Jury's still out on Terri though...mostly 'cause I'm definitely team Emma
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3710129;
    This episode was ab fab! The football team dancing was friggin hilarious. Completely dorky of me, but I noticed Kurt's dad was Jimmy from "Yes, Dear". Mike O'Malley is his name I believe.
    That's what he was from!!! I know him from "The Perfect Man" (which incidentally also had Ben Feldman from Drop Dead Diva) where he played Lenny.. a guy that was wooing Heather Locklear. But even then I wondered where I had seen him before.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3710363;
    I've never seen the show, but I caught a clip of the football players doing Single Ladies. That was so freaking funny! I might have to start watching this show to see what its all about.
    That was the best part of the night, although I'm sure in real life the other team would have just bulldozed them.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3711064;
    That was the best part of the night, although I'm sure in real life the other team would have just bulldozed them.
    In real life.. i was thinking Delay of Game..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Agreed; I had to suspend quite a lot of disbelief to accept the football team doing a three-minute long dance routine on the field with just one second left on the clock. But I did accept it because the routine was so charming and so funny. Those are some graceful high school football players. I see you, #55 and #34.

This week's episode for me was the best so far. The main storyline of Kurt and his father was very touching while being very funny, just like Quinn/Finn's pregnancy drama and Terri's cracked out proposition. I love that balance. And I loved hearing Tina sing for serious, and Artie's only line re: Rachel storming out, "The more she does that the less impact it has," was my favorite of the entire episode. Closely followed by Sue saying that littering is important because it allows the garbage man to feed his family tacos.

I am also finding that I like Rachel less and less as the weeks go by.

The studio version of "Somebody to Love" is out (). On that recording Finn's lack of singing experience is a little more obvious, but Artie sounds awesome. I continue to love Rachel's voice, and the ending with Mercedes and that high note always gives me chills. Can't wait to see it in context this week.

I love Kristen Chenowith and thought she was great on tonights show! That pink cowgirl outfit cracked me up!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

THAT'S who that was!! Thanks for that info. I missed the credits and i knew I knew her freom somewhere.
    Yes-she was great.

I also loved the final song. Can't go wrong with "Queen."

Hi Wind Dancer! Yeah, the Queen was great at the end... it was also fun to see April and Rachel dueling for the star prima donna role. And Will and April singing at the bowling alley This has quickly become one of my favorite shows, but last week's episode with Single Ladies was a tough one to top. We needed some more Kurt this week, there just wasn't enough Kurt!

+ Reply to Thread