+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Glee

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Glee

I get tired of the show pitting Rachel against Mercedes. They've done this so many times in past seasons. They're good friends, then they're rivals, then they make up, wash, rinse, repeat.

Personally, I can't stand Rachel's voice or her personality.

I have to wonder what's up with Mercedes saying she's not feeling well. It only seemed to come up while she was practicing. Is it an excuse or is there some big storyline coming up about her getting a serious illness? Maybe she has mono.

FORT Fogey

Wasn't the not feelng good a take-off ( as was the musical number) on Effie in DREAM GIRLS?

This show is losing a lot of it's spark for me. I'm kinda sorta looking forward to next season when some of these kids graduate and we get a new bunch. Never thought I'd say that, but...

One thing I really dislike is when they get our hopes up with all these new cast members (the Asian girl whom Rachel sent to a crack house) and then we never see them.
    combatcutie likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I just can't seem to get into this season. Mercedes was being a jerk last night when it came time to practice. Her "I'm not feeling well" didn't fool me. She just didn't think she belonged there. Then pitting Rachel and her against one another yet again.....boring. Only highlight was Brittany talking about becoming president
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Well, clearly I'm in the monirity here, but I really did like last night Maybe it was simply my mood, or whatever, but it felt like old school Glee. The Mercedes thing actually made sense to me. Did I think she was kinda being a jerk? Yeah, but she's supposed to be a teenager (I have one of those, and yup, they can be jerks at times ), and I was able to understand where she was coming from. She was better than Rachel. Rachel knew it too. Maybe as a former "fat kid" I just connected with how she was feeling (right down to the dance class and her not "feeling good"). It's classic really - she's just as talented, maybe more so, but she's always losing out to the skinnier, pretty girl. And last night I appreciated them showing a bit of why Emma is so....Emma. I really liked her and Mr. Schue together in season 1 part 1, and last night I remembered why. I thought it was kinda nice to have the major focus be on characters we don't always get to see a lot of. Obviously though, that is only my opinion
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Katydyd, I'm with you. I didn't think the episode lived up to the hype of "best episode ever" that they were giving it but I really did like it. Giving time to Mike Chang and the challenges he's had to face (even during tryouts when they told him he'd have to sing as well as dance), made me cheer him on, which is the essence of Glee. And how sweet was he with his mom?

I know the Mercedes/Rachel competition feels like it's been going on forever but I feel like it's different somehow. She's always had Kurt in her corner but having a boyfriend backing her up is different. Her attitude was annoying but I can see where the frustration comes from after always being second fiddle to Rachel. I just wonder why she couldn't be happy with sharing the lead role. I'm over "angry Mercedes" - I want to see her gain some real confidence and grow and be gracious, regardless of whether she wins or loses. That's my problem with these kids - they need to learn how to lose gracefully. That's life - sometimes you win and sometimes you move - and then you move on.

Not crazy about Quinn trying to make Rachel's mom look like a bad mother. That's just crap.

I'm anxiously waiting for the Glee Project winners to appear. We need a little Damien to liven things up!
    Katydyd likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

I too am waiting for the GLEE PROJECT kids. Was pleased that there was less Sue than the first episode and the information about Mike's family and Emma's family was interesting.

The Mercedes/Rachel smack down was OK....but I don't like Mercedes and Santana ( when was she invited back to Glee Club...did I miss that after MrS threw her out?) and Quinn all turnng into negative characters.

I liked seeing more of Mike Chang, but I laughed harder at the "Asian F" comment when I saw it in the preview than I did in the episode.

I thought Emma's parents were hilarious as "ginger supremacists" and they transitioned that well into a touching moment between Emma and Will.

I'm also not wild about Quinn framing Rachel's mom, but I'm curious to know where the story line between her and Puck is going. Is it going to be a sweet and wholesome story or is Puck going to try to take this relationship somewhere it doesn't need to go...?

I don't know, I actually thought Rachel's audition was better. Amber Riley's voice is good, but it's also rough. Even if she had sung the song better, she still may not have been the best person for the part. What we saw in The Glee Project was that someone can give a great audition, but they can still not be what the casting people are looking for. Mercedes doesn't portray the vulnerability and sweetness of Maria.

I'm getting tired of seeing the kids flounce off every week only to see them return in a week or two.

I did enjoy this episode, but it wasn't the "best episode ever!" or anything. For me, the best episode (songs, drama, story) is still "The Power of Madonna."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I get tired of the show pitting Rachel against Mercedes. They've done this so many times in past seasons. They're good friends, then they're rivals, then they make up, wash, rinse, repeat.

Personally, I can't stand Rachel's voice or her personality.

I have to wonder what's up with Mercedes saying she's not feeling well. It only seemed to come up while she was practicing. Is it an excuse or is there some big storyline coming up about her getting a serious illness? Maybe she has mono.
    I never liked Rachel's voice or personality either and for whatever reason it's more grating on me this season than last.

I figured Mercedes was just not into the rehearsals or was pregnant. It's about time we recycle that story line too. But all in all I didn't pay much attention to it.

Also didn't like the Quin and Rachel's mom angle there either. Though I find that whole story line so not plausible that I'm for the most part ignoring it too.

Really at this point I'm watching for Kurt.

+ Reply to Thread