+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: Glee

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Glee

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I have a more voluptuous lower lip... don't know if that has anything with it going over my teeth or not.
    Me, too, (although I admit I usually just think of it as fat, in a good way!), so I don't think that can be the explanation.

I just thought that Kurt's lip thing was just an homage to Barbra Streisand.
    (I had a friend in college who was a huge Streisand fan and did the same thing. In some ways, Kurt reminds me so much of him.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    I took it another way. Kurt told Blaine about his feelings first. Blaine was clueless. So when Blaine just blurts it out, what I saw was Kurt pausing, maybe in wonder? that this great guy whom he has had a thing for for such a long time actually has the same feelings for him!
    Maybe it's just the disgusting, hopeless romantic in me that wants it to be that way :
    I took it this way also. I think Kurt was "digesting" the fact that this great guy just said "I love you" and it took him a moment to recover and respond. Those two are too adorable together!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I agree, I loved the Original Song episode so much more than I liked the finale. I wonder if it was because it was just soooo obvious that most of the songs were done in the studio versus being sung live on the stage? IDK but I felt like the sectionals (regionals?) were "old school" Glee and the finale was "new school" Glee and I didn't care for new school.

Is it possible for a show to have jumped the shark after only 1 season? That's the impression I have here - I LOVED the show the first part of last season, then it took a turn during its second half. It wasn't bad per se but wasn't up to snuff with what they'd done in the first half. Then we have this season and it was completely different. Maybe it *was* b/c it was focused on the kids but IDK - it was the whole format - they seemed like diva underdogs if that makes sense. I just didn't care for it at all. But then they have a fantastic episode like Original Song and I know "old Glee" is in there somewhere...

I do hope they'll dig deep and bring Old Glee back. I don't know if I'll be able to take another season of looking down Rachel's throat while she's lip syncing...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

As the season wore I found other stuff to watch on TV. I think the writing was much more solid in the first season. It was witty and en pointe. This season the writing seems sloppy and slower and the songs don't necessarily fit into anything this season.

I feel like they're trying to sell CDs instead of having a decent show.

Just a reminder for Glee fans that The Glee Project premieres tonight on Oxygen.
    According to my TV listings, it's airing 5 times tonight, starting at 8. We'll be discussing the the show in its own forum here: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/glee-project/

Based on the previews, it looks like it'll be good....and a nice way for gleeks to get their fix before the show comes back in the Fall.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did anyone watch The Glee Project? I have it recorded but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Yes, there is a thread in the main section. Check it out.

Ooops! Sorry, thanks for letting me know.

OMG, Buffy fans, rejoice! Ryan Murphy just hired Marti Noxon to be a part of the writing staff for season three!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread