+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree656Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

I really liked Quinn's haircut and was Brittney really singing?!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Critical..I absolutely agree with your post.

Honestly, I don't see how an innocent kiss could ruin anything. At least not to the point where the whole audience would go silent. Some of the dancing from other choirs often borders on indecent.

When I was in show choir...we rehearsed and rehearsed until we dropped. The same songs over and over. One time, on the bus ride to a competition, our teacher had us sing through all of our songs because she wasn't confident that we had it down. We got blue ribbons (1st) but she was worried!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have a singing question... Why do so many of the singers kind of curl their lower lip over their teeth to cover their bottom teeth when they are singing "all out"? It is especially noticeable with Kurt, but others do it as well. Is is supposed to change the "echo chamber" in the mouth somehow? I don't see how it can happen naturally...when I open my mouth wide my bottom teeth show. I'm sure with this show's audience there is a singing expert who will know the answer!
    Thanks!

My bottom lip naturally kind of curls around my bottom teeth when I open my mouth wide or am yelling/singing. Just how my lip and mouth are shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    My bottom lip naturally kind of curls around my bottom teeth when I open my mouth wide or am yelling/singing. Just how my lip and mouth are shaped.
    Me too. I would feel like I was baring my teeth or growling the other way.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I found it a bit annoying that everyone was blaming the Finn/Rachel kiss for the loss. Maybe it was because you didn't write the freaking songs until the day before the competition! Lame. Obviously, the show can't be complete realistic or we'd be watching them rehearse the same song for weeks, but still. This was a little much.
    So true.
    My dvr did not record the finale - probably telling me something. It was okay but not great by any means.

I did enjoy Rachel and Kurt performing on the Wicked stage, Mercedes and Sam getting together, the "I love you" scene with Blaine and Kurt and a few others, but for me, the performance finale was regionals and the emotional finale was last week.
    I really like Kurt and Rachel's relationship. That he woke her up so they could have breakfast at Tiffany's...perfect.
    Kurt seemed like he paused a bit before telling Blaine he loved him back. Like he was having some reservations. Maybe I was just reading into it. I thought he told him he loved him before but maybe he is now having doubts a la Rachel with regards to his future show business dreams?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Kurt seemed like he paused a bit before telling Blaine he loved him back. Like he was having some reservations. Maybe I was just reading into it. I thought he told him so before but maybe he is now having doubts a la Rachel with regards to his future show business dreams?
    I noticed that too. It was almost as if Kurt wasn't sure he was going to say it. I don't know if that was intentional or not as I know Ryan Murphy is very into these two being a couple. It certainly wasn't an automatic "I love you" though.

I took it another way. Kurt told Blaine about his feelings first. Blaine was clueless. So when Blaine just blurts it out, what I saw was Kurt pausing, maybe in wonder? that this great guy whom he has had a thing for for such a long time actually has the same feelings for him!
    Maybe it's just the disgusting, hopeless romantic in me that wants it to be that way :
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, definitely a meaningful pause---too bad none of us have any idea what the meaning was! I wondered if Kurt was wondering just how Blaine meant it. Kurt had just made some remark... insightful I think but now I forget what it was, and Blaine says, I love you! Does he mean he loves Kurt's remarks... or Kurt? The context was a bit odd for a first time declaration of love....

Thanks for the thoughts on lips and singing! Maybe I just have a big mouth opening! When I open mine wide the lips are definitely not covering the teeth--or maybe I've just spent too much time at the oral surgeon recently and I'm all stretched out.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yes, definitely a meaningful pause---too bad none of us have any idea what the meaning was! I wondered if Kurt was wondering just how Blaine meant it. Kurt had just made some remark... insightful I think but now I forget what it was, and Blaine says, I love you! Does he mean he loves Kurt's remarks... or Kurt? The context was a bit odd for a first time declaration of love....

Thanks for the thoughts on lips and singing! Maybe I just have a big mouth opening! When I open mine wide the lips are definitely not covering the teeth--or maybe I've just spent too much time at the oral surgeon recently and I'm all stretched out.
    I have a more voluptuous lower lip... don't know if that has anything with it going over my teeth or not.

+ Reply to Thread