+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree619Likes

Thread: Glee

Re: Glee

Sue seems to have lost some of her "Sue-ness" since some of the Glee Clubbers aren't in the Cheerios anymore. I admit, I think it's nice to see them in something other than those uniforms, but it's taken away from the storyline. It used to be Sue and her Cheerios against Mr. Shue and the Glee Club with Brit and Santana in the middle. Now it seems to be Sue (and whomever she recruits from week to week) against the Glee Club. It seems unbalanced in a way, but I'm having a hard time explaining it. There seemed to be a time where all the storylines were sort-of intertwined and then it became a show with 3 separate storylines (Glee/Sue/Dalton Academy) and the writing appeared to suffer having to cram all those storylines into 42 minutes.

I find that the storylines really aren't storylines. It's almost like mini-lessons every week with some plot thrown in. I don't feel like there's really been a lot of movement for the characters and they seem to just be giving Sue stuff to do that highlights her evilness. The show just seems stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I find that the storylines really aren't storylines. It's almost like mini-lessons every week with some plot thrown in. I don't feel like there's really been a lot of movement for the characters and they seem to just be giving Sue stuff to do that highlights her evilness. The show just seems stuck.
    Yup -- ever since they changed it from being a parody of "High School Musical" and turned it into "After School Special" with a little sex thrown in ...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Loved, loved the Fleetwood Mac eposide. Rumours was my favourite album, think I wore it out listening to it.

I hate to say it but this show is losing some of it's spark for me. I still watch faithfully and occasionally they will air a stellar episode, but honestly, most of the time it's just too over the top.

They need to go back to Sue being Cheerio coach with Quinn, Brit and Santana being caught in the middle. They need to go back to the original relationship of Sue and Will. They fight and do mean things to each other but every now and then they do something nice to the other. It made Sue more likable. They also need to start using the music as part of the plot instead of planning the plot around the music. Seriously.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fanatic

With the exception of the scene with Sue and Artie I LOVED this episode. I have very fond memories of my prom and this episode brought back those great memories. Good job!!!

The prom episode was one of my favorites! Great songs and my boo Jesse finally came back! "Rolling in the Deep" is by far one of my favorite Glee covers, it already has the most plays on my itunes. lol I will die if they sing it on the tour! I just love Jon Groff and he and Lea have such amazing vocal chemistry, if he wasn't such a jerk he would pretty much be perfect for her. I really hope he comes back more next season! IMO he is the only boy on the show who can really sing besides Blaine. (I know that everyone on the show can sing, but I don't think any of the boys in the Glee club are very good.)

Was I the only one who cried when they announced Kurt as prom queen? I did not see that coming. When Figgins said "an overwhelming number of write-in votes", I really thought he was going to be talking about Becky. I loved the way Kurt handled it, though! He let those Bs know who's boss.

I'm so sad that there are only 2 episodes left! I thought the last few episodes have been really great.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Really, what is it with Rachel and the dumb pretty boys? At least Finn is basically nice, but neither of these guys could crack a book, much less understand it. Yes, Rachel can sing, but you don't get the impression she's in any danger of failing anything.
    I wasn't sure at the start how to take the queen selection---why you may ask? Because a few years ago on our campus a gay guy ran for homecoming queen and won.... So, literally, I didn't get why Kurt was upset at first.
    I also thought Kartoffsky or whatever his name is could have danced with Kurt in a good natured "I am the protector" kind of way without coming out. That didn't seem to be an option. Neither he nor Kurt seemed to consider that.

I loved the sincere apology Kurt got from his closeted tormentor.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

This had to be one of the most vapid, stupid, and yawn-inducing episodes ever -- with the exception of Naya Rivera's scenes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread